34

Halt

"You're leaving?"

Vino pushed his tongue on the side of his cheeks before hiding his sudden smile. I just got out of the comfort room and now I saw all of them gathering here at the living room. Seriously? Are they gonna pop fireworks here or something?

I was brought to reality when I realized that I literally just said that in front of our parents. Goddamn! What kind of mouth do I really have? "I'm sorry, I didn't know that I said it out loud." I apologized to them and bowed as a respect.

Vino's mom let out a silent laugh before kissing Cora's cheeks and thanked Dad for the meal. Vino was obviously just stopping himself from laughing because of what I've said. Nakakainis! If only I could kick his foot right now, then I would! We stayed in that position for seconds until they finished bidding their goodbyes. Thankfully, Vanne warned his brother so he did stop laughing.

Nauna nang umalis si Vin kanina dahil may biglaang tawag sa kumpanya nila. It was their Dad's responsibility after all but Vin told him that he'll go first, I actually felt sad because I thought Vino and him are gonna make up. Well maybe they did? Because right after they talked at the garden Vin hurriedly said that there is an emergency. I'm actually hesitant to left both of them first because they might end up fighting but Vino assured me that they're just gonna talk so iniwan ko na sila.

"Ate Halt! Happy New Year, I really thought that we would spend time together but...." Vivien leaned forwards, putting his mouth near my ear. "My brothers are so grumpy." I automatically laughed when she did a peace sign so I just said it's okay and caressed her head. Goodness! She's so cute. She's probably one of the main reason why Vino and I go on dates, minsan nga we would argue pa kasi bakit pa raw kailangan dalhin si Vien.

Tumingin ako kay Vanne, mukhang nag aalinlangan kami kung sinong unang magsasalita kaya ngumiti nalang ako. I was surprised when she smiled in reply and mouthed the words take care before carrying Vivien out. I chose to hide my expression and just contain my feelings inside. Woah! I never knew that it would be a relief that she's slowly finding me a bit comfortable.

When I eyed for Vino, he was quietly staring at me with his hands jammed on his front pocket. I arched a brow to make him feel intimidated but he just pursed his lips to avoid himself from cackling! What's funny, huh?!

"I guess we should leave the lovebirds." Vino's mom said again, giving me a meaningful look. I was a bit uncertain to let them go first but his mom immediately pulled all of them outside the house, leaving me and Vino inside.

"So.." I said, getting shy now! I mean who couldn't be? I am so used to my friends teasing me to him but when his parents do it, I feel so damn shy. Is it even normal? "What did you guys talk about there?"

He blew out an air from his mouth. "I thought you were gonna kiss me but it turns out that you're just asking questions about Vin." He sounded disappointed, making me laugh at the back of my mind. Why would I even think of kissing him in my house? The helpers are probably just watching at every corner.

"Will you please quit asking for kisses? I couldn't even remember how many times we did that." My eyes rolled constantly, remembering every single time we kissed. We probably do it everytime he came over the house and just by having the thought of it makes me crave for more so I must stop thinking about it right now. I'm a minor for heck's sake!

"I guess it's our 13th time." He even placed his finger on his cheek, pretending he was really thinking. But wait- 13? was he also counting it?