C H A P T E R 16

Adonis's POV

It had been four days since Rose has been in Cancun. I haven't been completely into my work as I usually am, all I could think about was fixing things with Rose. I was scared that the longer I took to fix things the smaller chance I had to be with her. I consider Rose my soulmate , there was a time I might have thought that I could marry Josie but Rose was the first one.

When we were kids, I had always told myself I was going to marry Rose. I remember a time when girls would come to my house for playdates or school projects and they would be threatened by Rose even though she was younger. Rose was always at my house because we hung out almost all the time and almost everyday.

I heard my office door open and I looked up and saw Connor and Ben. I furrowed my brows in a questioning manner at them as they walked in. They sat in front of my desk and Connor said ,'What up man?'

I shrugged and said ,'Well I've just been working. What's up with you guys?'

Ben sat up and said ,'Well we think that we should go and join the girl's on their trip amd we are here to invite you to tag along.'

I raised my eyebrow and said ,'You want to crash their girl's trip?'

Connor waved his hands and said ,'Look man my girlfriend is in Cancun and I want to be there with her because I miss her like crazy.'

Ben nodded and said ,'He's right man. You won't be able to fix what you have with Lily if you try run away from it.'

My eyes widened as Ben spoke because I didn't know he knew.

He shrugged and said ,'That's my best friend man, I know everything and what I also know is I'm here to be polite not having you there doesn't matter to me. '

Connor looked at me and said ,'Whoa, why don't I know about this?'

I shrugged and said ,' There was a thing at Josie's wedding.'

Ben scoffed and said ,'A thing.'

I added and said ,'Making a long story short, she thinks I'm still in love with Josie.'

Connor started laughing and said ,'Man you're a dumbass. Let's go.'

I got up and I called Norman and he walked into my office. I packed my laptop and said ,'Norman I'm taking a vacation and only send me really important meetings and I'll handle those but that's all and you can work from home. I'll need Zach to handle everything else.'

Norman nodded and wrote everything down. I thought and then said ,'I'm also going to need you to get the private jet ready to take off for Cancun in three hours.'

Norman nodded and said ,'Yes sir have a good vacation.'

Ben groaned and walked out after saying ,'Took you long enough to agree.'

Connor whistled and said ,'Wow, he does not like you.'

I sighed and said ,'He made that super clear.'

Connor got up and said ,'Well we better go pack. I cannot wait to see my babygirl.'

I made my eyebrows dance and said ,'You really like her, don't you?'

Connor shrugged and said ,'No man, I love her already but I haven't told her yet so don't let it slip.'

I raised my hands in surrender and said ,'You have my word.'

We walked out and I got home and packed everything for Cancun. I went into my home office and opened my safe and took out the box I had been hiding in here. I packed the ring I had bought for Rose, if everything went as planned I wanted to propose whilst we were in Cancun, no more pulling punches.