C H A P T E R 18

Adonis's POV

I woke up with light streaming in from the window. I guess Rose and I forgot to close the curtains last night when we got back.

I looked at Rose who was lying on my chest with her eyes shut and a very soft look on her face. When Rose is awake and about she is very guarded and I can see it in her face. I don't even think she realises it, she is never just defenseless she always has her defenses up. Now I don't know if it's because of Damien and Emily or if she is just scared to trust altogether. Even when we were at the football game and she was talking to Jane I could tell she wasn't completely defenseless and I don't think its about trust I think it's about fear of being betrayed or hurt by people she loves and trusts. My goal is to make sure that she is completely comfortable with and can put her defenses and guard down.

I continued observing and scanning her. Her lashes are causing a shadow on her cheeks and her lips are their natural pink colour. I brushed my thumb against the lips that I loved so much.

Last night was going bad at the beginning and I could see it in her mannerisms but then I think it improved. When we started eating we started talking talking and she did in fact become way less guarded and I got to tell her a lot about me. I also learnt a lot about her and I didn't know it would happen but I fell deeper in love with her last night. I noticed that even though she complains about eating a lot of food, she loves food. I was watching her and she would eat then make herself stop then decide to eat again. I don't want her to hold back from eating because she has to, I want her to eat and I get it it's for her job but I could tell she really wanted to eat and I wanted her to.

When we got back from our date last night, we showered and jumped into bed and we watched a series that she was watching on Netflix until she fell asleep. I tried to catch up but this show was crazy and I didn't believe her when she was explaining it to me. The main girl almost married her cousin and her father knew and left it, it all sounded messed up to me but she was enjoying it and I was enjoying the moment. Her cuddling up to me and hearing her occasional giggles and comments, I was so perfectly content just there and then.

She ended up falling asleep at around three in the morning which is why we were still in bed at eleven in the morning. All the couples were sort of just doing their own thing. Connor texted me at ten and said he was going shopping with Nicole and he said Jane and Ben were at some market or something so we had the house to ourselves.

I have noticed that she works out everyday so I was thinking that today we could do a different type of workout that would be fun for us to do but I had to ask her first.

She snuggled closer into me and her eyes fluttered open slowly and I was looking into those hazel orbs. She looked at me and closed her eyes and came closer into me and whispered ,'Hey.'

I smiled at her and said ,'Hey, you waking up now?'

She nodded and said ,'I have to or else I won't be able to sleep tonight. '

She got up and stretched and her hoodie lifted with her. I cleared my throat and looked away because I could feel my little friend getting excited. I sat up and looked at her again and said ,'So I was thinking instead of you working out we can go play tennis at the country club then have lunch there.'

She gave looked at me with hooded eyes and then said ,'Sounds like a plan.'

I looked at her and she was looking at my abs. I smirked at her and said ,'You like what you see?'

She can and straddled my laps and said ,'Oh most definitely Adonis.'

She looked at my chest and felt my chest and went along my muscles to my shoulders and said ,'Yup most definitely.'