C H A P T E R 20

Lily's POV

We were playing Jenga after we finished dinner. We had ordered pizza and we sat on my roof eating pizza and having wine looking at the stars. Everyone was sitting in couples and on top of each other and before dinner Adonis had discovered my game cupboard and so they all agreed on Jenga. I hadn't talked much during the whole exchange about the games because when Zach and I were friends this was what we did.

Zach and I used to come to Cancun when we were stressed and I wish with all my heart we could have stayed the way we were. Zach had become my brother and he knew me way more than anyone else. The thought if playing these games without him was affecting me. We had come to Cancun and we were tired of going out and we wanted to chill but we didn't know what we wanted to do and I remember we walked into a store and he was buying me snacks then he said he had bought a whole bunch of games too from jenga to a deck of cards to never have I ever and other stuff.

Everyone went downstairs and I stayed behind clearing up my roof because firstly I wouldn't be able to sleep if I left this mess up here and secondly I wasn't ready to play the games. It was ridiculous how much this was affecting me they were just games. I was picking up the wine glasses and pizza boxes and went to the kitchen. I put the boxes in the bin and the glasses in the dishwasher.

I stared at the wall and jumped when I heard my name. I turned around and Adonis was looking at me with a worried look on his face.

I took a deep breathe and said ,'Uhm yeah what's up?'

He furrowed his brows even more and said ,'You good?'

I nodded and tried to be convincing in my amswer.

He got up and started walking towards me and I went to the fridge and took a bottle of water and said ,'Yeah I'm fine why?'

He stopped because he saw I moved away from him and said ,' You don't seem fine.'

I drunk my water and said ,'I'm fine.'

He nodded like he was trying to convince himself that I was telling the truth.

Adonis nodded again and said ,'So let's go play.'

I shook my head and said ,'I think I'm going to sit this out.'

He stood up again and said ,'Why not?'

I put my bottle on the counter and said ,'I'm not feeling well and I'll bring the mood down.'

Adonis looked at me in disbelief and said ,'Babe.'

I gave him a smile and I hoped it was convincing and I said ,'I'll be there watching you guys but I can't play.'

He nodded slowly and said ,'Okay let's go.'

I gave him another small smile and said ,'I'm coming, just let me make some tea. Do you want some?'

He shook his head no and walked out but not before looking back at me three or four times. On a normal day I would have said how cute that was but for now the whole Zachary thing is affecting me way too hard.

I made me some vanilla chai tea my absolute favorite hot drink and went into the living room and sat on a couch where they had set up the jenga in the centre. I sat cross legged on the couch and started slowly sipping my tea.

Connor pulled out a small bag from my game cupboard and said ,'Yo Lily this is so cool you have a polaroid camera.'

They all went to the camera and were talking about taking pictures. Another thing Zachary had bought for me and I kept this one in Cancun and I had one in Los Angeles.