C H A P T E R 26

Lily's POV

It had been a crazy busy week because I was back to work and I was planning Adonis's birthday bash. I had ended up deciding against doing the 73 questions because they wanted to come to Adonis and I's house and I wasn't really comfortable and I knew the reaction to the house would have been another problem. I was already being called a gold digger among other things and I knew that the interview wouldn't help with that so I decided that's not what I needed.

Today is Thursday and I'm pretending to be going for work but I'm going to Kendall's house for the night then tomorrow morning I'm leaving for the island to make sure everything is in order. The jets with the people coming for the weekend were landing at around eleven in the morning and then Adonis later on at three in the afternoon so I was landing with Jenny before both groups.

I was packing my suitcase for the weekend and Adonis walked into the walk in closet. I stood up and gave Adonis a kiss and got back to packing. He sat on my vanity table and said ,'So what time are you leaving ?'

I playfully narrowed my eyes and looked at Adonis and said ,'Someone is eager for me to leave.'

Adonis scoffed and said ,'I would rather you didn't leave at all. Am I allowed to play the birthday card?'

I rolled my eyes at him and said ,'You don't even celebrate your birthday and besides I tried to move the job but I couldn't.'

I was playing this out well I dont think he was suspicious. Adonis sighed and said ,'Okay fine but when you get back we are celebrating.'

I went and sat on Adonis's lap and said ,'Of course babe. What are you doing tomorrow?'

He put his arm around my waist and said ,'Since you aren't here I actually have a business meeting.'

I nodded and playfully said ,'Okay as long as you aren't in clubs without me drunk off your ass. I don't know if I could take being cheated on by you.'

I was joking around but Adonis didn't take it that way. It was quiet and I could feel the tenseness around us. I tried to get up from his lap and he wouldn't let me.

He looks at me and I can see he is angry but he calmly stated ,'Is that what you think?'

I shook my head saying no and I said ,'I trust you Adonis and I trust that you can be wasted and you wouldn't, it was a joke.'

He held my face and said ,'Yeah you remember that baby. Besides you know I don't get wasted.'

I laughed and said ,'I wish I could say the same.'

I kept packing and Adonis was sitting on the vanity just watching me. I stopped and with a smile I said ,'What ?'

He looked very deep in thought and said ,'Nothing just watching.'

I laughed and said ,'You're making me nervous.'

He laughed at my reaction and I kept packing and he was watching.