CHAPTER 69

Jennie's P.O.V.

A new day, another busy day and a bright morning. I yawned as I stretched my arms, squinting my eyes as the sunlight came through my window. I checked my phone, realizing it's already 6 am in the morning yet Taehyung hasn't messaged and called me at all. I messaged him a goodmorning text and here he is again, leaving me on seen. Why does he always do this to me?

I'm certain the reason is not because of what happened yesterday night, he's been doing this all the time without any reason...

For the past month, this is all he does every single time. He leaves me on seen every time I message, he replies late and replies only once a day, or even once in a week. If I call him he would sometimes not answer, or leave it until it becomes a missed call. He'd always tell me he's busy, and to stop bothering him which is not who he is.

He used to be that guy who would take me out on a date late at night, though how busy he is. He would call me hundreds of times a day, to tell me how much he misses me. He used to message me all day, even in rehearsals, sending pictures of himself, asking if I'm fine and if I had eaten...

He used to be that annoying but charming Taehyung that he is, but now he's just V, the cold idol who doesn't seem to care anymore.

It's only been a month but he's changed so much that I feel like he doesn't want me anymore. He could've just told me that was the case, and not leave me anxious like this....

A notification on my phone rang, catching my attention.

Maybe he was just busy.. I thought.

To my surprise, it wasn't him but Jimin. He texted me a long good morning text, which my boyfriend couldn't even do, even if it was just a small good morning text.

Meanwhile, my ringtone rang aloud upon Jimin calling me.

Jimin
Answer || Reject

I swiped the call left, answering it directly. "Hello..." I started. My voice was shaky, and a frown crept to my face. "Jennie, turn your camera on.." He commands upon hearing my faint voice. I hesitatingly turned my camera on, revealing my ugly face.

I had dark circles under my eyes, eyes puffy, cheeks red yet the fluffiness gone, my lips dry and my hair was a huge mess. "Jennie, are you alright?" I sighed to his question. "I'm alright, just a bit worried...."

"Are you sure? Your face looks so terrible and pale, you look sick." He starts, "I'm always this ugly anyways."

"No, you are not Jennie. You are the most precious and beautiful woman in this world. Yet that bubbly and lovely Jennie is replaced by this sickly and pale woman, what's the matter Jennie? What's happening?"

"Taehyung... He.. He's being so distant. He communicates to me less, doesn't even do the things he used to before. He's just so different, and it has been going on for about a month now, I'm just worried..." My eyes were kept glued to the ground, unable to face Jimin and face myself. "I'm sure Taehyung is just busy, Jennie. He loves you and I'm certain he wouldn't just ignore you for no reason. Hasn't he told you anything about being so busy?" He states, which made my brows furrow. "N-No.. What do you mean by that?"

"He is having a collaboration with Red Velvet's Irene, and it's been for almost two months now. Didn't he tell you?" Irene and Taehyung? "No.. He hasn't mentioned anything like this to me."

And the fact that Irene and Taehyung are being suspected to be dating for a month is even scary to think, now that he's hiding this collaboration to me. I refused to believe because I trust him yet thinking about all these, it just connects to one main point.