CHAPTER 82

Jennie's P.O.V.

"I think we should break up." I shit my eyes, pressing my lips as I let the tears fall.

"I mean- It's just going back to normal to fast. You know how things started right? Through miscommunication the chaos started and I don't want to let it happen again..." I stole a glance at him, only to see he wasn't mad or that sad when I said those words.

"So what do ypu mean by this breakup?" He asks, massaging the palm of my hands. "Not really a breakup. We don't go back to friends, but we don't continue being a couple, It's just a little break from the relationship."

"Let's start again through knowing each other more, understanding each other more and when we're finally sure of each other, we could make the relationship real and official again."

Saying those words were hard to me, especially that I really love him so much.

"I understand Jennie. I understand what you need, and I'll always wait. Though we've known each other for so long, let's learn more if each other. And I'll wait..." He curved his lips up to a smile, making me perk up to look at him.

I tugged my lips into a smile, staring intently at his eyes, where I see hapiness.

I could see that he's happy. And now I know he really loves me....

"Let's stop woth this drama. We're staying too long on this sidewalk." I say, wiping the tears off my cheek. "We could stay here more longer. Spend a little time together." He pulls me back into another embrace, and so I pulled back.

"Taehyung, I'm very busy though. I had to go through two days of day off because of you and now I have to get multiple schedules in a day." I jokingky snickered at him.

"Yah, no blaming. We've fixed the fight already, let's not get into one again." I smiled at his words, as he smiled at me too.

"I think we should go now." He looks both ways to see if there's any people. He took my hand, ready to go, yet I stood still. "What's wrong?" He turns around to find me still stuck there.

"You can go on your own. I'll go on my own Taehyung." He furrowed his brows, "No, let's just go together. People might find you here if you stay too long."

"I'm not staying long here, I'm just gonna go after you. You aren't wearing any mask, if they caught us together, it would be another mess." I insisted, reasoning to him.

"Alright, alright. I'll go first if you inisit then. But make sure you go back to your dorm safe, the sun is almost setting." He waves his hand as he take a step backward each second, "Bye Jennie..." and bid his goodbye, turning his back on me as ge walks away.

I heaved a deep sigh, boting my lips as I process what just happened. We're fine now, we're alright.

Why are you still nervous Jennie?

"Umm... Sweetie?" The voice from the other side of the road echoes through this shortcut sidewalk, which made me raise my brows.

"It's me, your mother." She walks forward, with a pretty smile on her face. How is she here?

"Sorry. I know, I eavesdropped but I really didn't mean to." She heard everything?

"I was just buying macarons just across the street when I heard echoes from this sidewalk. Amd I overheard it all. I'm sorry." I could see guilt in her eyes, and my heart slowly crumbles in guilt too.

"It's fine. You didn't mean it." I responded back to her, sounding a little cold since I do not accept her yet. I'm still afraid to.

"Let's come to my car or else someone might spot you here." She grabs me by the wrist, softly pulling me to the other side of the sidewalk, leading to another town.

The town where Taehyung lead me to in our confession..

I eyed the town again, eyes looking over the macarons shop she said from a far corner. She opened the car door for me, making me step my foot inside, sitting comfortably on the front passenger seat.

My eyes lingered at the box of macarons she had placed so carefully by her seat, noticing it matched the bramd of the macaron store across the corner.

She wasn't lying at all..

"Are you hungry? You've been staring at it for too long..." I quickly flinched, averting my eyes to the window and shook my head as a no.

"About you and Taehyung... Are you really breaking up with him?" She asked out of the blue. "No, it's just a cool off. Just to know each other more, and I think it's none of your business."

Did I sound too mean?

"You did the right thing then. I can see that you love him so much, deep in your eyes. But having a cool off is best for the two of you, especially that you doubt each other. It's just the right thing I never even thought of..."

She didn't think of? What does she mean?

"I should've known your father was a bastard. Should've known before I gave my all to him, and should've thought twice about you too. Just because your father was a prick, I left you without knowing you'd be hurt. I'm so sorry sweetie. I should've known..."

You should've known... But it's alright, cause I became stronger when i lived by myself, even without a mom.

And I think it lead me to be a star, to ge a part of blackpink when you left me.

You were hurt too, mom. I can see it in your eyes, I can feel it in your touch. So don't apologize....

Many thoughts run through my mind yet not a single word came out from my mouth. I don't think I'm ready to accept her yet....

"I'll drive you to your dorm." She starts the engine, making me stop her. "No, I can walk. The dorm is near." I insisted.

"No, I will not let you walk. The sun has set, it will get dark soon and people might see you too." She insisted, not bothering to listen to my words.

She puts her hand over mine, which were holding the doir handle, ready to open. I let go of the handle, putting my hands on my lap as I stay silent.

"But before that I'll take out some food for your dinner and for your members too. I know you guys don't get to eat early and I don't like the idea of you getting sick."

I'm not used to it at all. Having a mother who takes care of you like this.

I remained silent, not bothering of what she wanted to do. If I'd inisist, she'll continue to say no and insist too.

Before I even noticed, we were in the drivethrough and she was picking up the food she ordered. "Thank you!"
She thanked the worker upon receiving the bag, driving off from the resto and heasing to the dorm.

"The food is hot and by the time you arrive in your dorm it should be warn enough for you girls to eat. Make sure you eat, don't starve yourself."

Don't starve yourself... Is this what a mother feels like?

"We're here." She dropped me off, insisting me to take the bag. "Bye Jennie. I love you and always take care." She bids, as I bow to her in respect. "Bye." I bid, plainly, sounding a little cold.

I think I actually accepted her as my mother from the first day I met her.
It's just that, I'm only afraid to trust her just like a mother's child would do.

And what I lack is...

The strength to build myself.

---------
A cool-off for Taehyung and Jennie's relationship? What do you think so?

Hope you liked this chapter, next update is today... 💞💞💞