(14)CHOOSE

GULF'S POV

"Hi baby, It's me.. Open up please let's talk.. I came here because you ignore me in 3 days and I dont know why. Baby please open up!" I heard Mew, banging the door,  the pain I hide in 3 days intensified and my tears were falling nonstop.

I opened the door and the moment I see his face, I SLAPPED HIM HARD, that even the palm that I used feels numb.

"How dare you lie to me! You are
Engaged. For 8 months we are always together you had a lot of time to explain, and You wasted the fucking 8 months of our lives!"

The shock on Mew's face only justified the feeling that I felt.

"I am planning to tell you everything and it's nothing serious, baby.. I didn't even agree,  Art and I talked about it that we will go against our father and we will find a way to stop the engagement.." He looks really pleading.

"Oh that's why you FUCK in New York, That's what you did to find a way.. FUCKING?" I sarcastically smirk on him as I wipedy tears away.

"Baby what are you talking about, nothing happened like that. Please listen to me, okay, I admit I kiss him but I was asleep that time and I dreamed of you."

"You and your stupid excuse!" I shouted at him again. My voice is now a little bit hoarse.

Mew's face distorted as if he's also calming himself.

"Baby.. please calm down and lets talk properly." He tried to step forward and reach me.

"Don't! Don't lay that filthy hands on me! I don't have a freaking right on you. You are free to do whatever you want" I tried to wipe my tears again, but like a stream, it keeps on falling.
"Go back to your mother, fuck your fiance anytime you like and leave me alone." I push him away.

"You're not even giving me a chance to explain, You already accused me, you dont trust me enough." He said in between sobs. Mew is crying too.

I felt a tug to my heart but I am feed up. My heart turned cold.
"No need, I saw what I saw. And I believe what I heard."

"What about us baby? What about the love that we have, you will just throw it away?"
He pleaded then he kneeled in front of me and hug my stomach.

I pushed him away.

"There was no "US " from the beginning., get up and leave. "

MEW stood up and reaches my face, he wipes my tears, I let him do it at least for the last time I feel him.

Seeing his actions makes me sob more, I am almost choking on my tears.

"I love you so much, I will never cheat on you in my sane mind baby."

I look at him straight in the eyes. I want his face to be engraved on my memory.

"Let's stop this, I'm letting you off of my hold, finish your studies and follow your dreams without me. I'm sure your father will be happy now, so was Art. Now my choice is to let you go. Let's just forget each other."

Mew let me go and he shove his hand inside his pocket, he is now holding a black velvet box.

"I am planning to surprise you. But I am the one who was surprised. If this is your decision I won't force you. But bear in mind that someday, I will take you back, by hook or by crook. Take this as a symbol that you hold the key to my heart."

He gave it to me and I accepted it.
I am still sobbing and so was he.

I opened it and my breath hitched when I saw it is a necklace with a key pendant.