(36) DRIFT

Mew and Gulf came back to Bangkok after a week of staying in Maldives. They gave their souvenirs to all of them who requested. Gulf bought a lot for his hospital staffs.

They go back to their usual routines, Mew became busy as he assumed his father's position being the CEO of Jongcheveevat Holdings, the remaining projects specially the hospital of his wifey, and he is drafting a new plan for their dream house. He's planning to surprise Gulf about the house.

While Gulf go back to the Hospital being the head director, a nurse and he go back to the University for his Orthopedic degree, then weekly, he will attend fashion shows and photoshoots.

They rarely see each other, but they hey make way just to sleep together and loving each other. But Gulf wanted more of Mew's time. He wants more of his attention, he misses his clinginess. He misses the old Mew.

He hope that Mew will come back.

***

Mew walked inside the site where Gulf's hospital was built.

It is halfway finish, when a familiar figure welcomes him. He saw the man giving instructions.

"Lhong?"

"Hi phi! you are the Engineer here?"

"Yes, this is Gulf's hospital, how about you? What are you doing here?" His forehead furrowed.

"I can see that you don't want to see me." Lhong smiled bitterly.

"No, sorry that came out wrong."

"It's okay, the Chairman called in your branch in California that they are in need of architect. The branch manager recommended me because I am Thai, it will be easy for me." Lhong explains.

"Oh, okay.. Let's get back to work then."

They became busy, Mew needs to catch up all the pending projects.

As of Gulf he's rushing his examinations, his duties and paperworks.

All this events lasts months, until the Construction of Gulf's hospital was almost complete. Gulf decided to visit the site.

He just came back from a photoshoot as he resumes to be a model.
P'berm drive him to the site.

When he arrive there, he was surprised seeing Lhong, talking to Mew closely, Mew was sitting on a small table and Lhong was leaning down on him. He can see that one wrong move they will kiss.

Gulf's insides twisted at the sight. Mew didn't even tell him that his ex was working with him.

He cleared his throat.
The two look at him and immediately Mew stand up and goes to him.

"Baby, what are you doing here?" Mew look at him in his questioning eyes.

"Why? Do I need a reason to visit the construction of my building and checking my husband?" Gulf said in a low and harsh voice. He's maintaining his composure, he dont want someone to tell that he dont have a proper breeding.

"That's not what I mean, you're on a photoshoot right?" Mew hold his hand. Gulf look around and he saw the workers looking at them. Lhong was nowhere to be found.

Mew pulled Gulf and they get inside his car.

Gulf can't push Mew away because everyone was looking.

He inhaled and exhaled.

"Why do you have to be closed like that when talking? If i didn't came, where are you now?"

"Baby, don't say that, whatever you saw, it's nothing."

"You didn't even say that you are working with your Ex, Mew! Your Ex! Your first everything!" He said while clenching his teeth. Still restraining himself. His jealousy was rising up.

"It slipped on my mind, I have so much on my plate right now. Please dont be a nagger." Mew said in a low voice.

"Now I am a nagger? Unbelievable!, if you have too much then fuck it. Me too. I have modeling, studies, hospital duties and office works but I still make time for you!"
Gulf squint his eyes. Tears are forming on them. He blink many times to remove them. And to prevent them from falling.

"I'm going home. I'll just call P'Berm to get me here, looks like you are still working." He said in a flat tone.

" Baby," Mew holds his hand and Gulf just let him. He cant be angry with his husband for a long time.

"I'm sorry, please listen to me.. Whatever you saw was nothing. He was just asking about a small detail on the plan, im sorry I forgot to tell you that we are working on this together. Please forgive me."

Gulf just nodded. "Sent me home."

"You are still angry with me." Mew pouted.

Gulf look outside the car. And his voice was low, almost a whisper.

"Because you are drifting away from me, we just got married, i didn't even count the months, please dont make me feel that I am your least priority. Because for me. You first before anything else. Please. Do the same." Gulf said in finality. Then he put his earpods and he close his eyes.
That means he dont want to talk anymore.

Mew look at him dumbfoundedly.
Did he fuck up? He's so busy and he is really neglecting Gulf without even knowing it.

He didn't mean it though. He just assumed his father's position, his works tripled, the workers under his wings tripled. His dream house that he will give to Gulf on their 1st wedding anniversary was already constructed.

He love Gulf, so much that he cant accept the fact that he didn't realize everything. How can he calls himself his husband when he practically ignored his wifey. His love was now sulking because of his incompetence.

He hope that Gulf will still hold on to him tightly. Whatever it will be.

HE HOPE THAT GULF WILL NEVER GET TIRED AND HE WILL STAY.

MARRIED LIFE IS FAR FROM LYING IN A BED OF ROSES, BECAUSE THE THORNS OF THAT ROSES WILL HURT YOU, BLEED YOU AND CAN DISABLED YOU.