Chapter 25: Mind Maze

"Trinity! "

I keep hearing a voice calling out to me but I couldn't see where it's coming from. I am walking in this beautiful field full of colorful and pretty flowers. The cold wind blew and softly swept on my face. Sobrang ganda dito, para itong lugar na nakikita mo lang sa mga panaginip.

"Trinity! "

There is that voice again.

Inilibot ko ang paningin ko sa lugar. In the distance, I saw someone. He was just standing there, and even if I'm far away, I can see clearly that he was smiling. He was smiling with his perfect face and his ocean blue eyes.

My feet started to walk towards him. As I approached him, I too was smiling widely. He reached out his hand to me, and I was about to take and hold it.

But everything soon turned into a dark, cold, and deafening scenario as violent sound of a gun shot echoed through the field. The field of beautiful flowers slowly wilted away as his body started to fall to the ground as well as my world.

"Lucian! "

I ran. I ran to catch him. As he landed into my arms, I started to sob. Our surroundings also change, it wasn't the beautiful field earlier. It has changed to this dark and gloomy forest where there is nothing but shadows or tall withering trees.

I looked up, only to see a shadow of a man holding a gun. The gun that shot him, and was now pointing at me. I stiffed, and looked at the man closely. He wasn't far away but I couldn't figure out his face.

Suddenly, I heard the loud and violent sound again, but this time, the bullet was flying straight to me.

My heart was pounding.

Everything went blurry.

I can't hear anything.

I can't see.

I can't breath.

Then, I opened my eyes.

Thank goodness it was just a dream. As I woke up, my heart was pounding, and an indescribable pain was birsting in my head. What the hell happened? Where am I?

I was in a room. It was a pretty Victorian style room with a terrace that overlooks the sea. What the hell am I doing here?

Dahan dahan akong bumakod, at inilibot ang paningin ko sa kuwarto. And in the corner of my eye, I saw a man leaning against the room door. I immediately jumped off the bed and rushed towards him. I was holding him tight in my arms with my heart still beating like crazy from that dream.

"You're okay." I whispered.

"Of course I'm okay, what are you whining about?" he replied with his deep husky voice.

I then realized how awkward the situation was, and let go of him. How stupid I am to hug this jerk. Baka mas lalo pa niyang isipin na may gusto ako sa kanya. Lumalaki pa naman ang ulo nito.

When I looked down, I was shocked to see that naka night gown lang ako. A night gown that barely covered my body. Parang napansin niya ang naging reaction ko kaya tumawa siya ng mahina.

"Manyak!" kinuha ko agad ang kumot sa kama at tinakip 'yong sa katawan ko. "What the hell did you do to me?!"

"Is that how you thank someone that just saved your useless life?"

"What are you talking about? What do you mea-."

Parang malamig na tubig ang ibinuhos sakin nang nagsimulang mag flashback ang utak ko.

I remembered that I went into that dark alley to follow Lucian. Then someone dragged me inside. I remembered those men in tuxedos that almost blew a bullet into my head.

And...

And, Lucian. He saved me from that fate, risking his own life. And the... that strange liquid that was injected into me, which is the reason I passed out.

"You-, why did you save me?" I asked in a shaky voice. Even from remembering what happened makes me shiver.

Hindi niya lang ako sinagot, at tinitigan niya lang ako. Those piercing blue eyes that always caught me paralyzed. It's like a magnet, that the longer I stare, the stronger the force becomes.

Nagulat ako nang lumapit siya sakin at hinawakan ang beywang ko. Walang emosyon ang mukha niya at nakatitig parin siya sa'kin. Ang hirap basahin kung ano ang nasa isip niya.

He leaned over, and then he whispered.

"You owe me now."

"Owe you what?"

"Your soul."

Hindi na ako nakapag salita pa.

I felt something warm and minty touch my lips. Ang lakas ng tibok ng puso ko, hindi ako makagalaw. Para bang kusa nalang hindi maka imik ang katawan ko sa sobrang shock. Gusto kong umangal pero, hindi ko magawa.

Ang gaan sa pakiramdam. Strangely, I felt safe in his arms.

Wala nang ibang pumasok sa isip ko sa panahon na 'yon kundi si Lucian lang. Si Lucian at ang labi niya na nass labi ko. A deep and passionate kiss. Mas hinigpitan pa niya ang pagkakahawak sa'kin.

Hindi ako makahinga.

Pero hindi parin ako kumakawala.

And then darkness again.