last chapter on Wattpad ❤️

"is there any way Izuku may have done this to himself intentionally?"

Aizawa and Mic paled. He wouldn't... Would he? He hadn't relapsed or anything that they were aware of. He was getting better! He was detirmind to get better he couldn't have.

"He- there is but he wouldn't have- he wouldn't have done that!!" Mic said, now he was the one with tears in his eyes. "He was so detirmind to get better, he would've asked for help- we would have known."

Dr. Ki nodded sympathetically, "I do believe that this isn't the case, and I'm sorry to hear that he's struggled in the past. I think there may be a much deeper situation going on here and that we should get in touch with law enforcements."

The two nodded, "can I have a nurse get you anything? Water and some snacks? You just be starving you've been here a while already."

Mic nodded, "water and snacks sounds great."

Ki smiled a little, "I'll be back later today. Nurses will be in and out consistently. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Get some rest." He said before leaving.

The two nodded and Dr. Ki left.

Aizawa fell asleep on Hizashis shoulder, snuggled up in his scarf and mics oversized jacket.

A few minutes later a nurse came in with a small cart, it carried 4 bottles of water and 2 bowls of ramen along with chopsticks.

The man smiled at them, and continued to check Izuku's vitals and replace something on the IV pole. Mic ate his ramen for a little bit before waking Aizawa up so he could eat his.

Mic set his bowl down carefully and lightly shook Aizawa awake. He woke up with a huff, looking up at Mic, his expression softened.

"Ramen." He said quietly, handing his husband the warm bowl.

Aizawa ate quietly, his mood gradually improving as he woke up and he filled his stomach. He looked over sadly at Izuku.

"I hope he'll be okay..."

lE tImE skIp 7:00 pm

The door opened, and Izuku was wheeled back inside, they had taken him out for an endoscopy.

Dr. Ki came inside with them and waved, his energy renewed. "Hi guys! GREAT news!! We will be waking Izuku up tonight! We've been weaning him off of pain meds and he's doing great. The swelling in his throat has gone down and we've removed the ventilator, he's breathing okay on his own! We will have an oxygen tube for him though, as well as a feeding tube. The burns in his stomach are severe and we want them to heal more before we get any solid food in him."

Mic and Aizawa smiled at the doctor's energy. "AND we are moving you all to an overnight room, he'll be staying for a bit."

((The greatest showman is hands down the best movie period.))

A nurse escorted them to a new room, Izuku was disconnected from most of the wires, the only ones left were running across his face and in his wrist.

One line was a tube that went into his nose and was taped to his cheek, the other a wire that had an output at his nose, supplying him with a steady stream of clean air. An IV was connected to his wrist, a small wrap of bandage around it to keep it from shifting.

The nurse helped transfer Izuku into the bed in the room and sat down, waiting for Dr. Ki to arrive.

About 3 minutes later Dr. Ki arrived and they waited for Izuku to wake up.

About half an hour later, they got the first sign of him waking up. The boys finger twitched, and he took a deep breath in. Another 15 minutes later the boys face shifted, it disorted into pain and confusion. His eyebrows ruffled up and his eyelids squeezed shut.

The boys eyes fluttered open and he let out a quiet whine.

Aizawa smiled a little, a grin spread across Mic's face, they were relieved.

"Bright-" izuku slowly lifted his hand to his eyes, squinting. He tried sitting himself up but Dr. Ki rushed over, "woah woah woah kid. Take it slow."

Izuku panicked, "who-" his whole body flooded with fear.

"Hey. Shhh. It's okay. Your okay." Aizawa said comfortingly. Izuku relaxed a little at the sound of a familiar voice.

They slowly raised the bed up. Izuku's neck was stiff, but he turned his head, trying to find out where he was. "where am I...?"

"Don't panic. Your in the hospital... Don't strain yourself." Aizawa said.

"Why?" Izuku asked.

"You got sick. They don't know why.. but you were really sick.." mic said.

Izuku nodded a little, starting to notice the wires taped to him, the oxygen mask and IV we're not an unfamiliar thing but he felt the tube down his throat. It was wierd. It felt wierd.

Izuku lifted a hand to his nose, moving down to his throat, "this feels weird.." he grimaced.

Dr. Ki nodded, "it'll take a bit to get used to. But it's for the better."

"Why do I need it?" Izuku asked.

"You have severe burns in your stomach and esophagus, and a few in your throat as well. We don't want you on solid foods till we are sure you can handle it."

AND WE PAUSE HERE.

The next chapter will be uploaded (on Ao3) once I'm done transferring this story onto archives of our own. :)

Look out for the new story I'm working on there as well!! I'll be making the account very soon.

REMEMBER JOIN THE DISCORD!! LINK IS IN THE CONVERSATIONS ON MY PROFILE!!!