19

Third person

The heartbeat of the two person was beating so fast and loud that if a third person was to be beside them, they did hear it. Where one is waiting eagerly for the call to be answered where as the other battling whether to answer it. But before his mind could make a decision his body has already made one

Blu : hello

Oliver's heart was beating so loud and fast as he heard his voice.

( this sign 👉' means a person's thoughts)

Oliver :  'finally, finally he picked up my call. Now what should I say? I have to speak up. I have to say something. Come on think.. '

Blu : ' why is he silent? Did he call me by mistake? What should I  do? Should I hang up the call? Should i... '

Oliver : Blu..

Without realization tears were rolling down Blu's cheeks after hearing that person call his name. He had to master all his strength to not make the person on the other call hear his muffle of cries. He swallowed hard his trifling cries and answered

Blu : em..yes

Oliver was content just by hearing this voice. A small curve lined up his lips.

Oliver : ' there's so many things l  have to say or should i say, have  to ask. Where should I start. How has he been all this time. I want to at least apologize for not visiting him. I honestly wanted to and I'd visit once but Dave forbade me to visit him. I'm not justifying myself, i could have still visited him if I made an effort. I can't turn back time but at least I should apologize..' 

Oliver and Blu spoke at the same time. Whether it can be said a turn of luck or misfortune

Oliver : Blu I

Blu : Oliver, what..

They both paused untill Oliver decided to speak up

Oliver : you go ahead first

Blu : I..emmm.. What are you calling me for Oliver?

Oliver : ' what should I say? Where should I start? I have to ask him to meet up with me. We have to talk about the divorce papers. Yeah, i have to tell him'.....

The divorce papers

' that's not how I want to bring this topic up. I should reform my sentence '

Blu : ' so, all this time he called me only for that. The divorce papers. Does he want me to come and get it? He doesn't want to even hand it over to me personally. Is that it? Is that the case here?  He didn't even ask me how I've been after getting out from the hospital. What was i thinking. For a moment i really thought he cared about us getting divorce . I'm such a fool '

They were both in their in their own thoughts and when Oliver was trying to come up with a better way to reform his sentence Blu spoke up

Blu : oh! The divorce papers, I'll send my lawyer to get it. You don't have to worry about it. If that's it then I'm hanging up.

Oliver : 'what? Where did this come from? I don't even get it how our topic came to this conclusion. Why do you make your own conclusions Blu? I didn't even get to say anything yet. I have to speak up..'
....................................................'come on, speak up. Damn it'

Blu: ' so, that's it huh...I'm glad I'm alone right now. I won't be able to stand it if anyone saw this pathetic side of me. I can't stop myself from tearing up. I have to hang up. I can't let him hear me tearing up '

Oliver : Blu i.....

Beep...beep...beep...beep..

Oliver : ' i couldn't tell him what I intended to. What is wrong with me? He won't answer my call again. I should have told him right after he picked up the call. Should I call back again? Ahhhh... What should I do? I...ahhh'

Blu : ' i can't stand this pain. I've to get away from here. I can't move on if I  stay here . I've to get away. I need to..I..as soon as possible..i have to '..sob..sob

They were both miserable. One couldn't bring himself to speak his heart and the other keep making conclusion on his own without hearing out first.