Televised~62

-
Before you, baby, I was numb
Drown out pain by pouring up
-

An exhausted breath fell from his lips for the umpteenth time; Chenle didn't know what he was supposed to do in the slightest

Rin stared into space, imagining the corpse that she hadn't dared to look at- Rin was too afraid to glance at the body in fear that the sight would be too ghastly for her to handle.

Tongue tracing the inside of his cheek, Chenle's eyes narrowed subtly as gazed upon Rin's curled form, expelling a harsh huff from his lungs.

"Look at me," He said sternly, tome serious.

Rin hesitated at first, shoulders high as she shakily sucked in an uncertain breath, nails digging into her palms.

Teeth piercing her bottom lip, Rin reluctantly pushed herself off of the floor- back to the corpse that laid behind her.

She had sat up quickly, and didn't realize how close the two were until face-to-face, merely having a hands' length between the pair, which, surprising the girl, made Rin's eyes widen.

Despite their nigh proximity, Chenle seemed unfazed, merely staring at Rin, but subtly inched away nonetheless; as he had explained to Rin before, closeness and physical contact wasn't something he tended to do.

"This was not your fault," He insisted, watching as Rin's eyes fell to the ground.

"But-"

"How the fuck is it suddenly your fault?" He interjected, calling her out blatantly. "I pulled the trigger, and you tried to save him, not kill him."

Unable to find a reasonable answer, Rin's head drooped slightly as she avoided Chenle's gaze, teeth gnawing at the inside of her cheeks as nervous tremors shot through her stomach.

"I'm weak-"

"That's a lie," Chenle scoffed.

Rin's eyebrows furrowed together, and, finding Chenle's complementary words strange in his voice, her large, chocolatey eyes wandered towards the boy once again, resembling a lost puppy.

Confusion written on her face, Rin's expression clearly displayed how utterly bemused he was by his words- how could he say such a thing?

As if her blatant bewilderment was shocking, Chenle's eyebrows shot up before yet another sigh escaped his lips, shaking his head subtly.

"In case you've forgotten, you were kidnapped," He nonchalantly reminded Rin. "Most people we've kidnapped have either gone insane, we killed them, or broke down, but you seem... mentally stable, which is decently impressive, I guess."

Subconsciously picking at her nails, the girl half-heartedly shrugged as doubts ran through her brain, eyes locked on the ground.

"You got shot, and a lot of people can't deal with that," He articulated, "But you didn't complain about the pain, not even once, and you didn't even seemed bothered by the normal mental backfire of a bullet wound."

Chenle could name dozens of times when Rin's actions had contrasted the falsehood that had just arose from her lips, yet she had the audacity to ignore them, causing the boy to scoff.

"You had the courage to tackle me," He muttered, and a pang of guilt hit the girl.

Rin subtly grimaced, and her eyes seemed glued on her constantly-twiddling fingers, unsure of what to say to fill the tense, empty air.

As he spoke, Rin began to regret that as well- she had uselessly provoked her soulmate, and nothing good had come out of it at all.

"The amount of people that would do anything remotely similar to that is scarce," He concluded, sighing lazily. "In short, give yourself some credit, idiot."

Despite the normal blankness that was displayed indifferently on his face and the uninterested, emotionless tone, his words were devoid of insults or cold remarks, which was relatively uncommon for the boy.

"I don't deserve that," She murmured, finding her fingers suspiciously interesting.

Chenle huffed through his nose, pursing his lips together as his tongue poked against his cheek, finding it slightly exhausting that she couldn't see what Chenle did.

Head falling to the side in an attempt to see her face, Chenle's eyes narrowed subtly as his finger wandered towards her chin, propping it up so he could look at her.

"You do," He uttered, eyes flickering over her complexion.

Hm

Hm

Let's make something happen between them

It's been long enough 😌