Breezeblocks~66

-
I think I might go all in, no exceptions, I need you
-

Rin's eyes seemed to surpass the moon in terms of width, and the rhythmic steps of her feet had ceased completely, paralyzed in place

Her jaw was ajar, and her eyes were fixed, unmoving, on Chenle- gaze searching for some sign that his words were untruthful; surely she had misheard, or perhaps, it was some type of trick.

Her abrupt halt caused Chenle to wheel around, his apathetic eyes flicking over her lazily as he tried to deduce her reaction, yet it was rather difficult to sense how she felt about his offer- as if she was still processing his words.

"Wh-What?" She stammered, shock written across her face.

"Would you like to see your father?" He repeated, watching her carefully.

Her lips moved without sound for a moment, as if she had been placed on mute, desperately trying to grasp the proper words to express the clear answer to his question.

Contradicting her usual inability to hide her emotions, Rin's face held no certain expression besides shock, nor could Chenle feel any form of excitement nor dread from her, leaving him without an idea of how she was reacting.

That is, until a large smile infected her cheeks, eyes twinkling with glee, taking it upon herself to steal the sun's job and brighten the room- no, the world with her radiant grin.

Her grin was as contagious as the bubonic plague, so much so that Chenle almost found himself mirroring her expression, but he refrained, forcing himself to tear his eyes away from her as a suspicious feeling bloomed within his chest.

Without any warning, Rin suddenly ran forward- crashing into Chenle, and she quickly slipped her arms around his torso, head pressing into his chest as she pulled him into a tight hug.

Taken aback by the toppling impact of her embrace, Chenle stumbled backwards in attempt to regain balance, struggling to stay on his feet after being tackled.

Eyes wide, Chenle's gaze fell to the girl as she molded to fit his larger frame, burying her face in his chest as his heart raced erratically, and it was now his turn to figure out how to react- unsure of what to do in this unfamiliar situation.

"I would love that!" She cheered enthusiastically, arms pulling the taller boy closer.

Mouth strangely dry, Chenle nodded uncomfortably before he cleared his throat, trying to rid himself of the anxiety that had begun to cause his intestines to writhe.

Awkwardly standing with a girl strapped to his torso, Chenle's eyes darted around for some sort of help, but all he was greeted with was pale, clean walls, and the slightly creepy, wide grin that Jaemin sported.

"R-right," He mumbled, feeling a lump begin to formulate in his throat.

Rin's smile grew subtly, well aware that she was the only person she knew with the ability to make Chenle- the badass gang leader- stutter.