Kabanata XI: Levi Azturias

Levi's PoV

Ten years ago...

That day was just like any other rainy day. Maulan, at walang tigil ang bawat kulog at kidlat.

Napalingon ako sa likuran ko ng marinig ang boses ng aking nanay. "Come Levi, dito ka kay Mama." Sambit niya.

I walked towards her and touched the hand that she used to reach forward to me. "Is my little boy scared?" Tumango ako sa kaniya.

I hate storms. I hate thunders. I hate rainy days.

It was like this very day when my father was taken away by God.

The day I first saw my mother lost herself. "What do you think Levi? Is daddy watching us now?" Isang tango ang ibinigay ko kay mommy.

It has been four years ever since my dad came back from war and was strucked by lightning right in front of her.

Sinubukan pa si daddy dalhin sa doctor but no one could save him. Not even the priests, or the wizards.

That was also the day that we lost mom. "Ma..." Munti kong usal habang pinapahiran ang luhang nahuhulog mula sa pisngi ni mama.

Mukhang hindi padin mawala-wala sa kaniyang isipan ang sinapit ni papa. I breathed and hugged her in her wheelchair as her tears fall like the raindrops that cascades by.

"Leondro..." She cried the name of father while hugging me back.

My heart falls apart into a thousand pieces to see my mother breaking.

"Queen Azturias, it is almost Prince Levi's bedtime." I just silently look at Butler Vien when he said those words. At kahit ganoon pa man ay hindi padin ako umaalis sa pagkakapatong ng aking ulo sa balikat ng aking ina.

I don't want to leave mom.

But it seems like mom wants to leave me.

Inilayo niya ang ulo ko sa kaniyang balikat, she caressed my face and made me look at her tear-stained face. "Mommy?"

Dahan-dahan itong ngumiti saakin.

"Don't frown baby. Always smile for me, please." She said while lifting up the two corners of my lips.

I gave her a gentle smile. "Okay mommy, I love you." My mother's feather light lips made its way towards my small forehead.

"Mommy loves you too." She said which made me smile genuinely. I know mommy is not completely happy, but I hope she is feeling better now. Even if it's just for a bit. "Now go to your room."

My lips pouted. "Where is my see you soon?" I said. Mommy always said that to me, day after day, after day.

It was only at this time that she only gave me a smile instead of words. But that smile doesn't mean 'See you soon' it's more of an 'I'll see you'.

"Now go Levi. And sleep tight. May God bless you with the sweetest dreams." She said and once again hugged me.

Her pale cold hands not only touching my body but reaching up to my soul as well.

"You too mommy." After that, I walked towards my room hand in hand with Butler Vien.

And then it was alreay 11:00PM.

I was supposed to be asleep but I was tossing and turning around my bed, cold and alone.

I miss mommy.