Chapter-1

Lucy Pierce is the definition of beauty with brains. She is born in a family of Advocates, and the best in the country. Her brother Sam, is studying in the New York University, and she has the best of best friends, one can ever wish for.

Lucy's  Point of View

Saturday nights can be a headache. Especially when you are in high school. Well my friends and I have been together for almost a decade now. We became friends when we were seven, and since we go to the same school, we always stick together. So Saturday night was amazing, for my friends, they were out partying, but being the book worm, I  love to read and that is what I did until,  all of them came to my house after the party at midnight to get me drunk, for the after-party at my place, planned by all of them.

So here I am, hanging with a hangover. As soon as I could open my eyes, I saw the clock struck 10 so I rushed to the bathroom, to get dressed for the day. Since it was a Sunday, and the 2nd Sunday of the month to be specific, meant today was the monthly picnic of our families. So I got ready, wearing a white off-shoulder crop top with high waist jeans and a pair of white sneakers and tied my hair in a high ponytail. I got to the kitchen where my mom and my dad were preparing for the day.

My mom made her special Burritos for the picnic along with packing some snacks and a jar of fresh juice and my dad prepared his golf kit. I headed to the kitchen, had a slice of bread with peanut butter, and stepped outside the house with my wallet, phone, and my car keys.

I drive a matte back Audi R8 Sypder

I drive a matte back Audi R8 Sypder. I had to pick my best friend Olivia from her house like always and head towards the picnic spot. So I played my favorite song "Love me like you do" and headed to her house. Olivia was the captain of the cheerleader team and was one of the most beautiful girls in our school. She was my best friend since we were in kindergarten, and no force in the world could change that.

She was waiting for me outside her home wearing a cool off-white summer dress, with a pair of brown-colored gladiator footwear and a matching sling bag on her left shoulder with her hair flowing down beautifully. She was blonde and I was a brunette.

Our picnic spot was near the golf course, where our dads would play golf and our mothers would chat and read, and bask in the sun while we would hang around the golf course till lunch. The evening bonfire would be set and everyone would sit there, singing songs, listening to our parents epic school stories as they grew up together in this town as well. Growing up in the same city as your parents, and being friends with their friend's children is a major friendship goal. Ready to take on the world? Much said? Not even started yet. Coming back to where we left...........

Adam, Ryan, and Carter had to bring beer for all of us. This was our group Olivia, Adam, Ryan, Carter, and Sam( my elder brother who was pursuing his further studies in New York university now), and Sam's girlfriend Katana Johnson, Carter's elder sister, who decided to ditch us after Sam left.

So all of us decided to meet at the usual spot, that is the benches near the old Asylum, which was a place covered by a canopy,and the most peaceful place. We used to hang out here ever since we were 14, and we loved to play games and chat here for hours together. It wasn't very far from the golf course, but was at a good distance, for us to have beer and to chill. Olivia and I were as usual late and the boys had reached as we noticed their cars parked outside the golf course. So we quickly headed over to our spot, after parking the car, following the trail that leads the way. As soon as we reached there, Carter kissed Olivia as the two had been dating for two years.

"Awwwwwww, look at you two all lovy dovy", said Ryan looking at the two of them.

"You are late", said Carter. Olivia opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by Ryan.

"And you are handsome," said Ryan trying to mimic Olivia. Olivia gave Ryan the most terrifying look, which made us burst in laughter.

These were my best friends, Carter Johnson, the typical boyfriend material, and sweetest and the smartest of us all, innocent blue eyes and a typical good boy face, 6 foot tall. He was wearing a black sweatshirt with black jeans and black sneakers.

Ryan Grayson, the stud of the group along with being the captain of the basketball team. He was the actual bad boy of our school who didn't believe in dating and had girls falling for him at the click of his fingers, but we as friends saw him as the caring and loving friend who would lighten our day with his stupid jerk jokes. He is wearing a white t-shirt which hugs his abs perfectly, with blue jeans and a pair of leather boots with a high sole.

Adam Grant, the billionaire of the group, as we would call him was a guy of few words but was an absolute darling to everyone in the group.He and I headed the Fest department in school which meant we were the sole organizers of the events that were held. He was wearing a navy blue simple round neck sweatshirt pushed back to his elbows with a pair of black jeans and a pair of white plimsolls. He never had a girlfriend and we knew why, he was way too intellectual for any other person to handle.

We all knew each other like family and we were a family like no other.

"Beer?" Adam looked at me and offered me the beer.  "Yup" I took the beer, and sat down next to Ryan, with Olivia opposite to me and Carter next to her. There were two benches, facing each other with a small cement table between the two benches.

Adam handed over the bottle of beer to everyone and leaned on the table, with his back towards us, facing the old asylum's back. "Creepy" Adam said, then turned to face us, "This place looks creepy, do you know the story?" narrowing his eyes trying to scare us.

" The story of a lifetime.....tsk tsk tsk tsk" said Ryan, giving him an 'obvious' smile.

"Every creepy place doesn't need to have a story, beside what are we, 10? ", I said looking at Adam.

"Guys we will be right back," said Carter, holding Olivia's hand, he stood up and the three of us, that is Adam, Ryan, and I, gave them the most disgusting look. Because the two of them were the typical love birds who would always try to find some time alone every time we would meet.
"Not again guys" I looked at Olivia giving here the puppy eye look, but she gave me the 'please Lucy, I love you smile'. And I in return gave her my 'I hate you look' and she laughed.

"Don't go too far guys, there are spirits around, I don't want any spirit possessing either one of you" Ryan said and in turn got a, 'I'll kill you look' from Carter and ' That wasn't funny' look from Olivia.
"Shut up, Ryan", this was Carter.
And with this, they walked out on us...........again.
The three of us talked about school, and football, and basketball.

We started brainstorming ideas for the fest which was to be organized after fortnight in the campus.

We had had two bottles of beers, when we noticed it had been an hour since the two left.
"Its been long since they left", I said.
"Lucy, they need time for doing things, you know," said Ryan.
"No, she is right, call Olivia and Carter, Its been way to long" Adam was the sensible one as always.

"Not answering, dude," Ryan said after calling Carter for the 3rd time.
"Olivia isn't answering as well," I said.
That is when we heard a scream.

Adam and I looked at each other before running in the direction of the scream.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:-

Hey guys, hope you are having a wonderful time!

Let me know how do you think about this chapter in the comment section, along with your fave character so far.

Happy Reading.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------