Chapter-27

I felt the warmth of his hand which held my hand, his fingers entangled with mine as perfect as glove fits a hand, just like his life depended on it, tight but not too tight. I looked around us looking for Summer, or any other girl, but I found no one in the parking except us, while we walked.

He saw me looking, and raised an eyebrow, and smiled his iconic smile, "Shy?", he asked.

"No, just confused", I said looking at him. 

He stopped and turned me to face him, demanding an explanation.

"Well, there isn't anyone around, Summer.... no one", I said.

"Yah so?", he asked.

"Then why the Fake girlfriend act?", I asked him.

And for the first time, since the years I had known Ryan, I saw hurt and anger flash in his eyes. He clenched his jaw, and loosened the hold on my hand. He moved a few step back.

"I.... uhhhh.... mistake, i thought someone was arou.......", before he could finish he started walking towards the school.

What was up with him? Was he high?One beer is all we had though, I thought.

"Ryan?", I called out to him.  

"Yes?", he said stopping, but didn't turn back.

I went near him and looked in his eyes, I placed my hand on his cheek and with the other one I pulled the skin under his left eye down and then did the same to the other eye. Next I placed a hand on his fore head. He seemed fine.

"What the hell is this?", he asked suppressing a chuckle.

"You seem fine", I stated.

"Duhh, I seem delicious", he said with his cocky smile.

"Eww, the worst thing I heard today", I said and moved back. He hugged me over my arms and said.

"Darling I'm the best thing anyone .....", but before he could finish I elbowed him in his stomach and took a few steps towards the school. He was quick after me, and I looked up to find the iconic Ryan smile back on his face.

"Now you look perfect", I told him.

"Nah", he said, and placed a hand over my shoulders, "Now I do"

And we laughed. The gang had was waiting for us in front of the kissing booth, watching Summer being kissed by strangers.

We next moved to the 'Knock-Down' game where Olivia won a stuff toy. Carter won a heart shaped cushion, which he like every fest since the last two years, gave to Olivia. Did he forgave Olivia after what she did? Whatever it was, it was good at least for me, Adam and Ryan. The air in the group was breathable, and back to normal thankfully.

Next we moved on to the'High-Striker', and as soon as Ryan and Adam's turn was up, a group of girls, probably juniors gathered around the two. Since the place became crowded I signaled Olivia that I'll be waiting behind, and she nodded in return. I went to the lady's room and freshened up. I moved towards the door that lead to the field since I was inside the building. The hallway was dark and it gave me the chills, when I came there were people here, but now it was absolutely empty. I kept walking, at a distance I saw a group of boys standing near the door. Thinking I would ignore them, I kept my eyes to the ground and reached for the door. 

I was out of the building, but it was still a 3 minute walk to the main Carnival. I could feel them following me, and from the back of my eye, I noticed they weren't quite far away, rather quite close. 

Suddenly I collided in something, something warm. I looked up and met the familiar hazel eyes. It was Adam, beside him Ryan was standing and just behind them Olivia and Carter. I felt relieved. I turned back to see the group of boys, turn on their heels and backed off. 

"Really? the most stupid thing you could have ever done was to go their alone", Adam said.

"I.... uh ", and I was interrupted

"Shut up Lucy", Olivia said, "You could have asked me to come with you, I thought you'll be standing behind the crowd".

"We were scared Lue", Carter said.

I looked at Ryan, waiting for him to say something in my defence.

"I'm with them on this one, you should be careful", he said.

And I couldn't have had argued because they were right. That moment was scary.

Forgetting it all, we moved back to the Carnival to have something, as all of your tummy's were growling now. We had hot-dogs which felt like the most heavenly food at that moment. Adam looked at me, but didn't say even a word. I felt his concern for me, but why was he furious now, everything's fine now.

We went around the Carnival once, playing more games. There was a counter with karaoke, and before I knew Adam, Ryan and Olivia sang "Closer", and the crowd cheered once more. This was surely the night of my life. I looked at Carter and the two of us moved towards a bench to sit, while our three musketers performed. 

"So you and Olivia?", I asked Carter.

"We aren't back together yet but......."

He continued, "Sometimes in life you want someone so bad, so bad, that without them you go astray. Olivia is my that someone. I breath without her, but I can be alive without her. And yes she was wrong when she cheated me, but if I don't give us a chance, I'll surely regret it forever."

I saw sincerity in his eyes, the one a girl looks for in a guy, and in that moment I knew why he was so perfect for my best friend. I'm not forgiving the fact that Olivia was wrong so wrong but you can't just leave your best friend without pulling them back on the right path. 

"What the hell? you didn't our performance?", Ryan said, rather complained.

"Tired?", asked Adam looking at me. 

"Not really, the night is still young", I said.

"Oh it surely is", Carter said and placed a hand on Olivia's shoulder pulling her closer to him, not much but enough her to blush. They weren't a thing yet, but might soon be.

I looked at Ryan who raised his eyebrows at them, while Adam just smiled, he knew his conversation had an impact on Carter. I knew that all of this credit goes to him.

"Ice-cream!", Olivia shouted in excitement.

"Yes, Uncle John's", Ryan said excited.

Since Olivia and Ryan wanted ice cream and we hadn't been to Uncle John's ice- cream parlor for so long, we decided to grab the ice cream from there.

All of us moved towards Adam's car.

"Hello?", Ryan said standing in front of his car.

"You should come with him", Olivia suggested signaling me to say yes so that she and Carter could be in one Car.

"Yes, you are right", I said. She winked. Adam nodded smilingly. And well Carter, he just stood there, thinking something.

I moved towards Ryan's car and the others moved towards Adam's.