Chapter-14

"Why are you standing here?", I asked them steeping out of the car.

"She is sleeping", Carter said, hurt and guilt in his eyes, "All of this happened because of that stupid thing".

"What stupid thing?", Adam asked him.

"I wanted to make things intimate between us, which is why I took her to a quiet place on the Sunday, she is probably ignoring me because of that, she is disgusted from me, she hates me now", he said, and tears started rolling down his eyes which were filed with guilt. Ryan consoled him,"Maybe she just needs time and space, Carter, relax"

"She isn't just avoiding you, she isn't talking to us as well", Adam said."Carter they are right, something is wrong with her, and what you are thinking isn't right, she is avoiding me as well, she just needs time", I said.

I placed a hand on his check and the Ryan rubbed his back."I guess things shouldn't have ended they way they did between us", he said."Nothing has ended, Carter, give her time, she will talk it out with you", said Adam.I looked at Olivia's window and saw her looking at us, but before anyone else could see her, she closed the curtains. Adam decided to take Carter home with him to keep an eye on him, and to cheer him up a little and Ryan dropped me home.I came home to find my parents back from work. They called me for dinner after an hour and after having dinner and changed into my night-suit, and called Olivia.

"Hey", she said.

"Hi ,How was the day?", she asked.

"Seriously Olivia, now we have to pretend", I said.

"I... uhhh...."she paused.

"Listen Oli, we are your friends and we care for you, we love you damn it and Carter he is heart broken, he thinks you are ending things with him by avoiding him, he thinks you want to leave him because he wanted to take the next step in your relationship", I said to her. "Listen are you doing this because of Taylor? Do you think of getting back with him?", I asked her.

"No.... no no no no no, shit, damn it, Lue you know that isn't what I want, Taylor is out of my life once and for all, I love Carter , but I can't see him, because..."

"Because?", I asked her."I feel guilty whenever I see him and since whenever he touch me, I see her, smiling at me, telling me I did something terribly wrong, and I... umm", she said and I could hear her voice get heavy with the sobbing.

After a silence of 2 minutes I asked her, "When was the first time this happened?",She thought for a while, "I ... umm..  I guess Sunday""In the cave?""hmm", she agreed"Oli are your parents home?""Yes, they are""Do you want me to come over?""I'll be fine, Lue, you've done enough for me anyways""Don't be stupid Oli, tell me should I?"

"No, I'll be fine, I'll be sleeping now?""Okay, call me anytime, okay?"

"uhh-hmm", she said.

I messaged Adam asking him how was Carter doing. He said he was fine.I knew he wasn't. But I was helpless.I couldn't sleep due to the over thinking, but whenever I thought about the milkshake, and the glue prank, I smiled. I should be guilty for thinking of the moments of fun that I had in the day, while my friends were in pain, but I couldn't think about them more, at least tonight else I wouldn't be able to sleep.I received a text from Ryan

Ryan- 'Still up?'

Me-'yup, thinking about milkshake'

Ryan-'you pig, I couldn't get it off my hair in the shower, I still smell like milk.'

Me-'Awwww poor you'

Ryan-'Since you are thinking of Olivia, tell me,did you talk to Olivia?'

Me-'Yes, how'd you guess?'

Ryan-'I'm smart, Is she fine?'

Me-'I think so, for now'

Ryan-'See I think you should know this, she might still have feelings for Taylor'

Shit, how did he know about anything? I was the only one who she told this to. Did she tell something to him, or did he see them together was all I could think of.

Me-'what do you mean'

Ryan-'I saw them together a month back in a club'

Me-'Can we talk about it tom?'

Ryan-'That means you know something, fine, tom it is then'

Me-'sleep well'

Ryan-'you too, kiddo'