Chapter-36

"What do you want to do", he asked.

I shrugged.

"What is going on in there?", he asked point his finger at my head.

"Well....I ...uhhmm... want to talk to her", I said.

"Katana?", he asked.

"Nope", I said.

"Then?", he asked.

"The lady at that asylum", I said.

"And how do you know she'll be there?", he asked.

"I don't, but I saw her in the market that day Adam, I talked to her", I said.

"And what if she doesn't know anything", he asked.

I didn't say anything. I lowered my eyes to see the ground.

"Adam, I just want to make sure that, I don't regret not talking to her, before its too late,because regret is the worst feeling of them all. When you realize you could have stopped everything but you didn't because it seemed absurd or it seemed like a hoax like you term it.", I stated.

He raised my head, by the hand he had placed under my chin, such that I look into his eyes now.

"Then we will find it out together", he said with assuring look on his face.

"You can't, it is all my thing and maybe it's in my head so just let me figure it out myself", I said.

"What you want to say to me is "I told you", and I won't let that happen even if there is 5% chance  of it to happen, I won't let you act all knight in shinning armor all by yourself", he said jokingly.

And I laughed, so did he.

"There they are", we heard Olivia say, as she came with Ryan to stand right in front of us. 

Adam got up, while Ryan helped me up. We drove to the hospital to check on Carter.

He was doing fine. Katana was in his room when we entered and she told us everything the doctor had said. Most of it being that he would recover soon. We joked around with him, made him laugh, Olivia and I did the most pathetic couple dance in the hospital room, and the nurse came in to find the two of us in the most indecent position of the whole dance while Adam, Carter, Ryan and Katana laughed. The nurse had her eyes all big when she looked at the two of us, but seeing everyone laugh, she laughed as well.

We went home with smiles on our faces that day, everyone satisfied with Carter's progess.

I reached home to see Katana calling me. 

"Hello", I said.

"Hey Lucy"

"Say?"

"I just wanted to talk about Carter", she said.

"I'm listening", I said.

"Carter, he was fine all day, except in the afternoon, when I entered his room, he was playing with the glucose drip that was attached to him, and I caught him off guard, but he seemed to remember nothing, I don't know what was that, but...... I think we are on the right page?", she said.

"I... uhmmm..... Katana can I call you tomorrow , it's just.......", I said.

"Yes you can, but I'm worried about him", she said.

"I know, so am I", I said.

I went to bed, thinking of what could be done. I got off the bed remembering to call Sam.