Chapter-32

I felt something shift next to me in my sleep. Ouch, now something heavy was on me, and it was suffocating me. I opened my eyes to see Olivia, trying despirately to get off the bed. Since she was in the center, it was a difficult job. She looked at me and realised she had just woken me up. She mouthed a 'sorry', and got off me, getting off the bed. I followed her out of the room, as the guys were still in deep sleep, and we didn't wish to deprive them of some rest, so no one knew what the day had in store for us.

Olivia and I picked a guest room, and showered, and we went down in the kitchen, to get something prepared for all of us.

Since it was still early in the morning, the house help wasn't up so we decided to cook for ourselves.

"I called my mom, while you were showering", she said.

"What did she say?", I asked her.

"That there is no improvement", she said.

"They will be tired, from the night",I said.

"Hmm, I've asked them to go home, she is taking Carter's family with her, and she has asked us to go the hospital", she said and I nodded.

She made me an omelate while I had the bread all toasted.

We prepared some breakfast for the two of them as well, just incase the help is late.

We picked the car keys, and moved out of the house. Olivia was fine now, and she insisted on driving.

"Something's troubling you", Olivia stated.

"Nothing in particular", I said not wanting to trouble her.

"Spill", she said in a convincing tone.

"Well, umm... I don't know if I'm overthinking or what but, you remember the cave?", I asked her.

"Hmmmm",

"I was just thinking that everything, like everything, your hallucinations, his hurting himself again and again, and somewhere Adam's nightmare begun after we visited the cave.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know", I said looking out of the window in a low voice.

"Stop, Olivia stop the car", I said.

She panicked, "Lucy?", she said while haulting the car and safely parking the car at the side of the road.

"What?", I heard her call me as I shut the car door behind me, and chased her.

And she was standing right in front of me. The asylum lady. The one who told me that her grand mother was buried under the cave. Not sure if I should talk to her, I stood behind her, while she bought the flowers from the florist. I felt Olivia's presence behind me and not paying attention to her, as she would asked a million questions, I gathered the courage, and patted on the shoulder of the lady standing in front of me with her back towards me.

"Oh", and I heard the same, sweet voice that I heard that day outside the Asylum.

It felt so weird to see her again. 

"Hello", she said.

"Hey, do probably don't remember me", I said.

"Oh, I do", she sounded so assuring, as she said in the same comforting sweet voice.

"Can I talk to you?", I asked her.

"Of course", she said.

I turned back to Olivia.

"You should go to the hospital, I'll come later", I told her.

"But...", she wanted to argue.

"Please, Oli", I said and she nodded, turning back and driving away.

I turned back to the lady who was now facing me with a smile.

"I'm so sorry, I haven't introduced myself yet, I'm Lucy", I said to her offering my hand.

"Nice to meet you Lucy, I'm Athena", She said and I did shake her gloved hand lightly.

"Can we walk and talk, I had some arrangements to make", she said.

"Of course", I replied and we started walking towards the market.

"So what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?", she asked.

"Yes..... I ... uhmm.... I had to apologise for the rudeness that day"

"That's okay sweety, you didn't know me", she said, with that smile not leaving her face even for a second.

"I....uhhhh",

"Don't be anxious, just say what you wanted to say", she said holding my hand in her gloved hand, the smooth texture of the leather glove toughing the skin of my hand lightly.

"I... uhhh", and my phone rang.

"You should take it", she said.

"Yes just excuse me", I said and moved to a side to answer the phone call. And it was Ryan.

"Hello?", I said.

"Where the hell are you Lucy," this wasn't Ryan.

"Adam?", I asked in confusion.

"We are picking you up where Olivia left you and don't you dare....", I interrupted him before he could warm me.

"Adam please, I'm not a child, beside you all should be at the hospital, I'l be there in some time", I said.

"Ryan stop the car there she said", I heard lightly on the call, and saw Ryan's car approach me.

I saw Adam furiously coming near me and I was rooted to the spot on seeing him this way.

"What are you doing here?", he asked and looked around trying to find someone.

I turned back and saw the lay who was standing with me a few minutes ago had gone, and I was oblivious of where did she go. She was no where to be spotted.

I turned back around, now facing Adam an Ryan, one had anger on his face and the other was worried.

"Adam I just wanted a few answers", I said to him.

He turned back around as if trying to hide the emotional rush he was experiencing at this moment.

"Come on let's go", Ryan said and toke hold of my hand.

Adam looked at him with frustation in his eyes, but didn't say a word. Ryan led me to the car, Adam following me, and I sat in the car without uttering a word.

"How did you know I was here?", I asked after a few minutes.

Ryan looked at me through the rear mirror and open his mouth to say something but was interrupted by Adam.

"She isn't as dumb as you are", Adam said.

"Excuse me ?", I asked him.

"Listen Lucy, she knew the woman you met seemed shady, and she called us as soon as she left you here", Ryan said, oblivious of who the woman was.

But I had guessed Adam knew who the shady lady was.

Adam took a few deep breaths and after he was calm he opened his mouth.

"Why did you get off the car to talk to her?", he asked in a soft voice this time.

I didn't answer.

"Lue, I'm talking to you", he said.

"I'm not a child that you should be talking care of Adam", I said telling him how much I hated this side his, controlling everything.

Adam's phone rang before he could say anything to me, and he took the call.

"Yes, Olivia", Adam said on the phone.

What? Carter? Seriously? We will be there in a few", Adam said to Olivia.

"What happened?", Ryan asked Adam, as we entered the hospital.

Adam took off the car, as soon as it stopped without giving an explanation. Ryan and I looked at each other, and locking the car, we ran inside the hospital.