Chapter-8

"Guys, no more questions please, I'm tired", said Olivia.

"Did you fall off the stairs?", I asked her with concern.

"No I didn't,' tomorrow', for sure, okay"

"I'll stay here with you, okay baby?", Carter said.

"NO PLEASE", Olivia panicked, and I could see terror in her eyes when she looked at Carter.

"I mean, I just want to sleep, guys please"

"Are you sure you'll be fine", I asked her.

"Yes, I'll be fine"

"Fine"

"It's ur cue to leave then, I guess", Ryan said and hugged Oivia wile she was sitting on her bed and moved out of the room. Adam and Carter hugged her and followed Ryan's lead. When I was sure they couldn't hear us I asked Olivia

"Things between you and Carter are fine?"

"Yes, for now, he doesn't know yet"

I placed my hand on my forehead and looked down.

"I didn't fall off the stairs, but I don't remember anything after Carter left the house", she said.

"So Carter did come here after school?"

"Yes he did, he asked me what was wrong, and why was I ignoring him, and I was about to tell him, Lue, believe me, but I couldn't, I didn't want to lose him", she said.

"And?"

"And then when we were sitting on the couch, I saw her again, behind Carter, I panicked, and I didn't know what to do? I thought I was hallucinating, so I asked Carter to leave me to rest, and after he left, I...I..."

"You what?", I asked her.

"I don't know, I just don't bloody know what happened after that, shit man", crying she admitted and all hugged her and tried to calm her.

After 5 minutes of sobbing, I could sense her calm breathing, meaning she was finally sleeping. I placed her head on the pillow, making sure I don't wake her up, I moved out of her room, and went down the stairs. My right leg was still hurting while climbing down the stairs.

"Here comes our ingured soldier", Ryan said with smiling at me sarcastically.

"Shut up", Carter said.

I could sense the light mood they guys were in, they had no clue what was up with Olivia.

"And our other soldier is sleeping I guess", Carter said.

"Yes, she is, she has had her medicine, so she will be sleeping peacefully till........ 6 in the morning", I said looking at the clock, calculating the time for which the pill would be effective.

Adam helped me to his car, while Ryan and Carter sat in Carter's car to go home.

Adam hopped into the car, after closing my door."Are you hungry?", he asked.

"Yup"

"Let have something on our way home", right.

Adam placed our orders at the Drive-in of Burger King, and gave handed me over my order.

It was a 20 minute drive to home still. I opened up our burgers, and placed mine in my right hand, and his in my left hand, so I could feed him while he drove.

"She didn't fell of the stairs, did she?" , he asked before bitting in his burger.

"Nope"

"And?"

"And nothing"

"Is she hallucinating?"

"I have no bloody clue"

"What did she say to you before you came down"
"That she saw the lady"

"Nothing else?"

"Nope"

"Don't lie Lue"

"I'm not lying"

"What is she not telling Carter"

"You were eavsdropping?"

"Not actually"

"Bloody hell, Adam"

"Spill it Lue"

"I can't okay, I really can't", I said to him irritated, and looked at him before bitting into my burger, so that my mouth was full, I could get some time before I had to answer his next question.

"Nice trick", he said, and I nodded.

"Lucy , listen, if you don't want to tell me, fine but don't let misunderstandings come between them"

"hmmm, understood", was I could say, thinking about the little big secret of Olivia.

"Here, we are", he said and I noticed we had already reached my house, and the lights were off.

"Your parents aren't home", he said.

I took my phone out to see a message from my mom.

"Shit, they are with a cliet in New Orleans, and will be late today", I said after reading the message on my phone.

"keys?", he asked