Chapter-43

We went to check on Carter and since it was a Sunday, we all were there to spend the day with him. Olivia got her special apple pie made for Carter, and the 6 of us talked, Katana included.

Adam seemed fine till now. Ryan and I had discussed that we need to tell the others about it as well, but saying it out in a group wasn't to be taken serious, so I took Olivia out with me.

"You had hallucinations right?", I said to her.
"That was just the guilt syndrome", she said.
"Maybe Olivia but don't you think what's happening with Carter is a little....."
"Where are you going with this", she asked.
"She I tried to think about things and you know the blood on you hand, the cave, the hallucinations nightmares everything Olivia",I said.
"And?", she said.
"Katana told me something similar happening with Sam, and I don't think all of it is a coincidence", I told her. She looked at me confused.
"See I thought something is wrong so we talked to a woman"
"Who?"
"The one I saw in the market when we were coming to see Carter"
"Oh okay"
"Her name is Athena, and she owns the asylum near the golf course",
I told her everything I knew, but she refused to believe me.
"See the psychiatrist said it's common for us to feel the way I felt due to the guilt", Olivia said.
"Then why did it happen after we went to the cave, why not before? You cheated on him a month back, yet you couldn't stand it only a week ago", I said.
"What the hell Lucy, what do you mean? That I'm a cheat, and I liked cheating on him", she said all angry now.
"Olivia, listen to me, you were cursed, but you confessed your guilt and look at you now", I said.
She thought for a second and looked at me.
"Listen now Carter and Adam are in danger, Carter's hurt himself twice and Adam might do the same, we need to make them confess", I said.
She nodded.
We moved back inside the room.
Carter was getting discharged today, though he had been asked to bed rest for another week.
We decided to take him to Uncle John's to celebrate.
But he refused. He said he was tired and wished to go home. We couldn't argue so we agreed.
We helped him to his room, and made things easier for him at home. I mouthed "talk", to Katana and she nodded. I needed to tell her, that she was tight about the cave.
We decided to go and pick up ice cream from Uncle John's parlour for all of us.
So Adam, Ryan, Katana and I stepped in the car for the same.
Adam was a little reluctant but agreed at last.

"Hello Uncle John", we said in unison as we saw the old man behind the counter.
"Ahhhh my children are here, how are you all? Ohhh Katana is here, you are Carter's sister, I remember", he said happily.
"We are fine uncle, yes she is", Ryan said.
We told him about Carter's accident and he gave him his best wishes. I picked our order and moved out of the parlour.
Something that struck me was how quiet Adam was today. Since he had Amara's blood in his hand, Ryan and I were keeping a close eye on him.
Adam hadn't spoken a word since we had entered the parlour till the tome we left it. He seemed lost in his thoughts.
I eyed that to Ryan and he nodded.
We came back to Carter's in a few minutes and placed the ice cream on the coffee table in his room, with spoons.

We cheered Carter up while we talked about old times while having our Ice cream.
Katana assures is she would stay with him at all times. We moved out of the house and walked towards the cars.
"Today was good", Olivia said.
"So good", Ryan said.
I was analysis Adam and he was still in his thoughts.
"Adam?", I asked.
"Yup?", he said.
"What do you think?@, I asked him.
"About?"
"About today?"
"Good, it was good", he said.
"What were you thinking?", Ryan asked him.
"Nothing.... I .... uhmmm, will just hit the hay, got to go home", he said.
"Something....."
"Not right", Olivia said interrupting me.
We looked at Adam as he drive away.
"Call me if you guys know anything", Olivia said moving towards her car, but stopped in mid way to look at Ryan," it would have been fun to see you deal with your sins", she said.
"Rude", Ryan said and Olivia shrugged.

I reached home at dinner time. I made myself dinner and went to bed as I was still alone at home.
I wasn't answering Sam's calls since I got to know what he had done. How could he be so ruthless and dumb, was all I could think.
I shrugged it and went to sleep hoping that everything remains fine.

I woke up in the middle of the night to a call.
It was Mr. Dankworth.
"Lucy, Adam's having the nightmares again", he said.
"Shit, is anyone else home?"
"No just me and the maids and we have no idea what to do"
"I'll be there in 10", I said and rushed down the stairs again.
I started my car and drove as fast as I could. It was 12 in the morning and the first road to Adam's house seemed scary as hell. This was officially the second time I had to drive alone at this time on this road.
And when you least expect, shit happens.
My car came to a hault while I wanted to cross this area of the road as fast as I could.
I didn't know what to do and I called Ryan.
"Ryan can you come to Adam's, I'm stuck on the forest road", I said as soon as he picked up the call.
"What the hell were you doing there?", he asked panicked but still in a sleeping voice.
"Adam's having a nightmare", I stated.
"No no no no no, I'll be there", he says.

I waited inside the car, to scared to get down.
After exactly 14 minutes a car came to stop right next to me. I got panicked to see a car I didn't recognise stopping next to me, not sure what to do, I tried slipping down in my seat.
I called Ryan.
"Where are you?", I asked.
"Right next to you", he said. Realising this, I moved out of my car, locking it. I sat in the passengers seat and Ryan drove off in Adam's direction.

We entered the house to find a worried maid waiting for us at the door. We rushed up the stairs and found Adam in his sweaty condition.
Doing what I did the last two times. I picked his head and placed it on my lap, and calmed him.
He was calm in 10 minutes, I wiped off the sweat from his face with a towel Ryan passed me. Mr. Dankfortb stood near the bed watching me closely for the future.
Now the problem was I couldn't get Adam's head off my lap because whenever u tried to do so, he got disturbed from his sleep and we didn't want to wake him up. Ryan sat on the opposite side of the bed and the two of us sighed as we realised Adam was out of danger for now at least.