Chapter-46

It seemed like hours had passed, when the team of doctors came out of the O.T.

They told us the patient was out of danger now, but he was unconscious.

They said they are hoping for good new but if they patient stays unconscious for more than 48 hours, he might go in coma.

As soon as we were given the ray of hope, it was taken away from us.

Everyone present around us had weepy eyes, filled of sadness and hopelessness.

But we couldn't give up on hope. Because that is what keeps you going, in the darkest moments.

The next morning sun rose at 5:45 a.m. as the three of us looked through the glass into nothingness. None of us could be the pillar of strength for each other, but we had to. So we stood there, Olivia's head on Ryan's shoulder, while the three of us did hold hands. Even the slightest touch of warmth provided comfort in this moment, comfort that was enough for me to breath.

And in this moment when I was so close in losing what was mine, I realized how much I loved him. For the first time in my life I realized every moment that made me fall for him, fall in love with him. He wasn't the regular chocolate boy, but he meant everything to me. I couldn't deny my love for him, not now at least. I am not sure if he will be next to me tomorrow, but even if he isn't, I won't be able to move on, and that's for sure.

And if could be around, I will make sure to tell him, how much I loved him.

Ryan could see right through me, and maybe he saw the pain I was in, as he placed his arm around me and drew me in his chest. I cried, and felt his shirt get all wet. Olivia rubbed my back, as I looked up to see their faces, I saw what I was scared to see, uncertainty. They were trying to hide that stupid feeling but they weren't successful. I closed my eyes again, blackness seemed more comforting than anything else right now.

It was 10 in the morning already, when Mr. Dankforth brought us breakfast. None us could touch the food placed in front of us. We would look through he window to see Adam, after every few minutes, not ready to realize what had happened.

It seemed like the worst nightmare, where everything is dark and gloomy. But a nightmare is what you get out off, this was real life.

Katana got Carter to the hospital. He had the same hopelessness on his face.

The day passed by, and when Adam wasn't conscious yet, our heart sank. Mr and Mrs. Grant never left the room he was in, and no one among us had the courage to go in, to see Adam in the state he was in.

Mr. Dankforth asked us to go home and rest for a few hour. He assured us he would be here at all times and would keep us updated.

I came home and after having a shower, and dinner, I went to sleep for a few hour. I woke up multiple times at night, and every time I woke up, I would call Mr. Dankforth.

Ryan and I decided to reach hospital early the next morning.

Mr, Dankforth looked at us with a smiling face as we saw him from one end of the corridor.

As we reached near, he signalled us to go inside the room. And we entered the room to find Adam on the hospital bed. Going near to him, we saw him opening his eyes. He looked at us with those hazel eyes.

"You are consciuos", Ryan and I did a little happy dance as we saw him looking at us.

We looked at him again, and I couldn't have been more happier to see him.

He had a bruise on his face, and had a collar around his neck. He had minor injuries on the rest of the body.

"You seem good buddy", Ryan said as he moved closer to him.

"I should call Olivia", I said and moved out of the room.

"He was conscious when the doctors came early in the morning, I thought you might like the surprise", Mr, Dankforth said as I moved out of the room. I smiled at him and he nodded.

"Where are his parents?", I asked.

"They were relieved to see him conscious, and hadn't rested since yesteray, so I sent them home", he said.

"You haven't rested a minute", I said.

"Don't you worry sunshine, I will later, go inform the other", he said.

Olivia picked up the call on the first ring.
"What?", she said all panicked.

"He is conscious", I heard nothing for a few seconds and I thought the call must have been disconnected, but the very next second, I heard her scream.

"Come to the hospital", I said giggling.

"We'll be there", she said.

It's been two days since Adam brought back the ray of hope in our lives. We wake up in the morning only to see him improve.

Ryan and I were sitting in the cafeteria of the hospital when we said he wanted to talk.

"Listen, maybe Adam had a hallucination when he had the accident, because he has stated to the police that he doesn't remember what happened", he said.

"Maybe it's because of the accident's impact", I said.

"Think about it Lue, Olivia didn't remember her turning the gas knobs on, and Carter he doesn't remember stabbing himself, or how he got to the roof", he said.

I gave it a thought and he had a point.

"But we can't help him unless we make him confess his sin", I said.

"Well then we need to find a way to do that", he said.

"What can he hide? We've always been together, except his family vacations which happens twice a month?" I asked.

"Also Carter, he is the most simplest person I know, I don't think he can kill a mosquito in his dream as well", he said.

"True, except the time he pushed me furiously", I said and instantly regretted it.

"Which time?"

"What?"

"What did you just say?"

"Nothing", I said and starting sipping my coffee.

"Spill", he said, stopping my hand with the coffee mid way to the way to my mouth.

"The day at the party", I said.

"He pushed you, he was in a wheelchair", Ryan said.

"Well I noticed the cuts on his arm............", I was interrupted.

"He what?"

"He has cuts on his arm, freshly made cuts, and I noticed that. When I asked him about those he jerked me back saying I should mind my own business and I hit the wooden table", I said.

"I couldn't never think him doing that", he said.

"Neither did I", I said.