Chapter-35

"I'm sorry Lue, it's just that I was upset and when I saw everyone adoring you the way they do, I couldn't take it and I just thought that you and I are......",
"You don't have to apologise, I understand", I said interrupting her mid sentence.
I know I said I would make her apologise but I didn't meant it. I love her, and I understand how upset she might already be.
"Don't interrupt me", she said raising her voice, warning me. Olivia's gonna be Olivia, I smiled internally but got my hands up in submission.
"See I .... uhhh..... before we left he told me how much he loves me and that he sees you as a sister, as a friend and nothing else, and yes I'm guilty of envying you, it's just that sometimes I get this thought that you are like this girl who gets complimented even at the small things she does and sometimes even Carter doesn't pay attention to the big things that I put up all by myself, so I'm sorry and I love you and adore you and I won't let this happen again and I am so proud of being your best friend", she finally completed.
"Well first its okay, apology accepted, second I love you too and no matter what I'll be beside you, and third we should let Ryan in, he is freezing outside", i said making her laugh at the last part.
She knocked on the glass and signalled Ryan to come inside, he sat on the back seat while Olivia and I hugged.
"Dude it was freezing........awwwwww you both", he said and came up on top of both of us.
"Ryan", Olivia called out.
"Ryan okay you are suffocating us", I said.
He backed off at once and sat back on the seat.
"So I was thinking since we need to go to school, we can check on Carter after school each day", Olivia said.
"Yes", I said.
"Of course, we will", Ryan said.
I then said my goodbye and got off the car. Ryan came to the drivers seat and before going in, he hugged me out of no where and left me confused as he sat inside the car and drove off. I took that as a gesture of a friend and went inside the house being hopeful that tomorrow would be even better.
Carter was fine now.
Olivia and I were good.
Adam and I almost kissed.
But ohhh I had to talk to Sam about Katana. What was it that she was referring too?
Did she just confirm my doubts on the whole cave thing?
And why had they broken up?
Why does Sam stay in New York even in his summer break only coming home for a few weeks every year. Was all of this related somehow?
I called Sam after changing my clothes for bed after dinner.
And he picked up the call asking me to call later as he was in a concert with his friends.
Wow, so cool.
A concert was all he cared about while I had to handle a bunch of my friends all by myself, one being in the hospital, one being possessive over me, one bestie who loves drama and one player who wanted to hang around with any girl he saw, that not being true though, Ryan hadn't done this from a couple of months  and he was avoiding girls, like he was avoiding Summer, what was up with him?
I kept aside every thought and went off to sleep after the long day that I had.

The next morning I packed my bag after getting ready for the day, had pancakes for breakfast which meant nothing could go wrong with the day today. And stepped out of the house with the bag and the car keys.
My parents were going out of town for 2 days for some case and I had to stay by myself.

I entered the school parking and saw the rest of the 3 waiting for me near the staircase. I went inside with them to attend the first class of the day.
We, that is Adam, Ryan and I were called to the Principals office in the middle of the class.
The Principal was proud of the Fest we had organised and wanted to congratulate us on our success himself.
We thanked him and moved back to our class.

We missed Carter's presence the whole day, lunch being the particular as today, we had turkey sandwiches which he absolutely hated from his soul. We were laughing but we had tears in our eyes as we knew he wouldn't be joining us for a couple of weeks, but we were happy that he was fine.
Olivia had her cheerleader squad practice today, and Ryan had his basketball practice after school, so Adam and I waited for them on the school campus as well had to go see Carter together.
We sat under the tree in the lawn which was the group's favourite spot when we used to be free. The two of us talked about classes and the general things before Adam started explaining to me how I needed to take care of myself and not indulge with people who seemed shady, and when he said that word I knew who he was referring to. I didn't say a word which he understood, meant for him to shut the hell up. And he did.
He didn't say a word until I told him about what Katana had told me.
I should have kept it to myself, but I just couldn't keep my mouth shut and it seemed fine to tell him what was on my mind.
He listened to the doubts I had about the cave and how Katana had confirmed things to me. But he seemed unconvinced.