Chapter-19

The whole group was there in his house, as his parents were out of town for the night.Carter and Olivia didn't talk, so things were getting pretty awkward on the dining table. Ryan and I tried to make small talk over the table but we stopped when Adam glared at us.After having dinner we moved to the couches in front of the television as it was supposed to be a movie night.

When things got out of hand, Adam said " guys can we please be normal when we are together, Olivia and Lucy get a room and talk, alright", he said and pushed us into a room looking the door. His choice of room was exceptionally bad as we were locked inside a washroom. 

"Can we talk", she said.

"They won't open the door until we do", I said.

And we talked for 10 minutes, the two of us hugged after realizing how difficult it was for us to live without each other. We came out of the door to find the guys standing outside waiting for us."Done?", Ryan said.

"You locked us in a washroom, we didn't have a choice", I said.

"Right, mission accomplished", Adam said.

I expected them to ask Olivia and Carter to talk things out as well but they didn't do that.We watched the movie and I fell asleep half way through it on Olivia's shoulder. I woke up in the middle of the night, an found my phone between the seats of the couch. It was 2 in the morning. Looking around I noticed that everyone was fast asleep, Ryan, Adam and Olivia. Where was Carter? I looked around getting off the couch to see Carter in the porch adjoining the room. Coming outside, I felt the chill in the midnight air.

"Hey, you didn't sleep?", I asked him.

"Oh, hey Lue you scared me", he said and I noticed the cigar in his hand.

"I didn't know you smoke", I asked looking at the cigar.

"Ohh, yah", he continued, "Just when I'm stressed".

"Because of Olivia?", I asked him, he opened his mouth to say something, but stopped his mouth forming an 'O' shape, paused and then said, "Can say so?"

"Will you forgive her?", I asked him.

"Lue, I.... uhhh... It's just that I can't thing of that right now, a lot is going on and..... let's just go inside, its cold", he said and I nodded. 

We went back in and I tried falling asleep, when I couldn't, I saw Carter get up and leave the house in utmost silence, I wanted to stop him but before I could do that I heard the door close. Next I woke up to a whisper only a few minutes after I was able to sleep. 

"Lue, Adam is having those nightmare again, wake up sleepy head", he whispered. I woke up to find what he said was true. Adam was panting and was sweating like he did the night I stayed at his place. 

Ryan didn't know what to do, and Olivia was as good as dead to the world in her sleep, so neither of us tried to wake her up. So I did what I had done that night, I placed his head on my lap and ran my fingers through his hair, this did calm him and when we were sure he was fine, Ryan sat down on the couch right next to me.

"Magical hands", he said.I hit him lightly on his head with my fingers, and said," Quite magical".

This made him pout. And when he realised Carter was missing, he looked at me.

"Where is Carter?", he whispered.

"He left, I guess"

"Why?", Ryan asked.

"Don't know", I whispered in his ear.

"Sleepy?", he whispered in my ear.

"No, hungry?", I whispered in his ear.

He got off the couch, and came back after a few minutes with sandwiches in his hand.

"Here", he handed me over, and sat down back again in the same spot and we ate in silence, as none of us wanted to wake up the two babies sleeping in the room.I woke up in the morning to the splash of cold water on my face.

"Bloody hell, Ryan", I said as I knew who could do this.

"Olivia", she corrected me and I opened my eyes to see Adam, Ryan and Olivia standing on my head bent to my face studying my expressions.

"We were trying to wake you up for 10 minutes now and Olivia lost her calm when you didn't", Adam said."And you let her use the shock therapy on me?", I asked him.

"We didn't get the opportunity to stop her", Adam said."Beside it was going to be fun to watch", Ryan said, and I threw a pillow at him."Pillow fight", Ryan announced. And the next thing we knew is the four of us running after each other's life with a pillow.There was still time for us to get ready for school, so we moved towards the rooms with our bags, and after having a shower met in the kitchen where Olivia and Adam made us pancakes.The four of us cleaned the house and left on time, so as to not get late.Today was going to be hectic. 3 days to the fest and we had to still make some arrangements. Adam got us the passes to miss the classes for the preparations and we worked till 4 in the evening until the things were starting to get in shape.Everything was going as planned, and things were getting back to normal. We would see Olivia and Carter in lunch, they didn't talk to each other much but at least the 5 of us were together. Ryan dropped me home and I slept like a baby after having dinner with my parents, a result of distorted sleep pattern I had the previous night.