Chapter-37

"You and I always have been different Lucy, we have trusted our instincts since we were small, and we have always acted different to what other think, we see the things that are not falling in place and we just don't think that everything's just coincidence, just because people say coincidence happens", she said.

She continued, "I heard what Olivia said to you in the washroom that day, and even thought you don't do anything special, you know what makes you different from everyone else is that, you think and analyse the other person to understand psychology before acting in anger or fear, and that make everyone love you and adore you. And never change, for anyone, because people will come and go but you with need to stay true here", she said pointing at my heart.

I called Sam on my way back to confront him why did he do that to Katana.

"Hey Sam", I said in a low voice.

"Hi, are you driving?", he asked as he heard the horn of the car that  overtook mine. 

"Yup, you've got a minute?", I asked.

"Yes", I stopped the car on side of the road as I heard him say that.

"Why did you do this to Katana?", I asked him anger in my voice.

"She told you?", he asked.

"Doesn't matter, did you do it is what matters?", I asked him.

"I committed a very big sin Lue and I'm sorry, I've already lost her and now you'll hate as well", he said.

"Did you ever love her?", I asked.

"I did"

"Then why did you leave town?", I asked.

"I was guilty of what I did and I was having a mental breakdown because of that, I was seeing things and I consulted  a psychiatrist and when it didn't get fine, I confessed everything to her, and since I assumed she would never want to see me again, I left", he said.

"Do you still love her?", I asked.

"I always will"

"She didn't expose you." I stated.

"She didn't want to ruin my career", he said.

"You should be ashamed", I said.

"I am and will always be", he said.

"I got to go", I said and hung up on him as I was disgusted of what he did.

I knew for sure what was happening here, and though no one else could see it clearly, I could now. What happened with Sam is similar to what happened with Olivia. Both were guilty of something, and both visited the cave and the blood, how can I miss out on the blood.

It is said the if it happens once it is a coincidence but if it happens again and again it never is one.

I came back home with content, and satisfaction that day, knowing that maybe what I was thinking was right. On the other side now I knew that something was so wrong with the cave and the only way to find out was going there.

I thought who could be the best to go all mission cave with, and I texted Ryan to meet me at the golf course. I placed my phone in my pocket as I drove in the direction of the golf course. I reached my destination, and waited outside my car for Ryan to come. I saw Ryan's car coming in my direction from a distance. 

The car was parked, but Ryan wasn't the one who got off the car, rather it was Adam. 

"Curiosity killed the cat, it is said", Adam said approaching me.
"Hello to you too, Mr. I know it all", I said and he chucked.

"Why didn't you call me instead?", he asked with a hurtful voice.

"Because one, you would have discouraged me, second, you asks a lot of questions", I said and he smiled lowly.

"Well what do you want to do?", he asked.

"You're in? Just like that, no discouraging?", I asked.

"I won't be able to convince you", he said.

"Nope you wouldn't", I said.

"You seem off", he said.

"I just got to know why Sam and Katana broke up", I said.

"And?", he asked.

"It's not good", I told him.

We moved towards the asylum and I told him the similarities in Olivia and Sam behavioral pattern and how I think it was connected to the cave.

"What did Sam do?", he asked.

"It was something terrible and......"

"I get it, its fine", he said interrupting me.

"So you believe me?", I asked him.

"No, but I can't let you do it alone, so keep walking", he said. 

 "Where is Ryan? I forgot to ask", I said.

"He was in the middle of something, so he called me to see what you were up to, and just for the record I'm glad he did", he stated.

"I'm not", I said playfully and he chucked.

We reached the asylum, and we knocked on the door of the huge, old, creepy building that stood tall in front of us. 

No one answered the door.

We knocked again and I tried to call out to someone who might hear us.

"I told you", Adam said.

I looked at him with disappointment. But I wasn't going to give up that easily today after knowing everything, that was for sure. So I moved past Adam, and tried to go to the back of the building. I saw a back door, and I knocked on it, when no one answered that door as well, I tried opening it, to go inside. 

That is when I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I freaked out, and screamed.