Chapter-13

Since it was the last class of the, people had already left the hallway while I was discussing Spanish literature with the professor after the class. So now I was walking down the hallway alone, and for unknown reason this part of the building always gave me the creeps.Before I knew, someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me inside the classroom. I screamed, which could go in vain as there was no one else except me there. The door was locked by the boy who had just grabbed me, and now he leaned his face against the door of the classroom. And I knew who it was. Ryan. Bloody Ryan. 

"You smell of milkshake", I said giggling.

"You still have the audacity of saying that Lue", he said. And before I could process anything, I was met with a bucket of cold water from behind me.And I knew exactly who that was, "Adam", I screamed, and both of them laughed."I thought we were a team", I looked at Adam. He stepped forward to be standing right in front of me and signaled me to look at Ryan.

"See brothers over anything else, Lue, I feel sorry for you", saying this Ryan hopped the teacher's desk to sit on it. He looked at his hands and realized that he was the one who got pranked. 

Ryan was now sitting on the desk, rather glued to the desk. He tried getting up a few times but his jeans weren't with him on this. Every time he tried to move up, he was pulled down. Meanwhile Adam and I laughed our hearts out. 

Ryan gave Adam the meanest of glares and when he looked at me, "I knew nothing about this", I said in my defense, still laughing."hmm, I thought you said we were a team", Adam said looking at me.

"At gluing someone to the desk of history class, no thank you so much", I said."Will someone tell me how the hell am I supposed to get up from here now?", said Ryan.

"See brother, you tried to get me in a mess, so you don't really have any other choice than to go home without your jeans", Adam said.

"Big deal, the school building will be empty by the time we leave, in about half an hour", said Ryan giving us the sweetest smile. 

" 'Brother', who said we are waiting with you?", Adam said and took my hand in his and left the classroom, Ryan pleaded and shouted for us to stay and we asked him to think before doing anything like what he did today, again. 

We came outside the class in the empty hallway and sat on one of the benches. We said we will leave him alone, but we didn't mean it. We were friends after all, and that was just a prank.Sitting on the benches, Adam and I looked at each other. "This should teach him a lesson", he said."What did you say to Summer?", I asked him.

"The truth, I told her that I like someone else and Ryan mistaken her for that girl", he said."And do you?""Do I what?""Do you like someone?", I asked."I.....uhh...", before he could finish his sentence, Ryan hit his hand on both of our heads from behind."Never do that again, I thought you guys left", he said."Its been 5 minutes Ryan, what about the school building empty in half an hour shit?", I asked him."I could imagine being alone so", and then Adam and I realized, looked at Ryan and noticed him only in his boxers.

"Oh, damn", I said and we laughed.Adam passed a pair of black shorts to him, so that he could save the embarrassment."I hate you both", he said."We love you, Ryan", Adam and I said in unison singing like children do.The three of us moved out of the school building towards the parking lot, which was almost empty. "You didn't need those, just saying", said Adam, and was hit in his chest with Ryan's elbow."Sure I didn't", he said.

I remembered something and looked at Ryan stopping mid track, he turned and faced me giving me a confused look, 

"You just didn't leave the jeans there, did you?","I had too", he continued, "how was I supposed to un-glue them from there", he said.

"That isn't even a word", Adam continued,"Fair enough, tomorrow the lesson's gonna be 'The history of Ryan's jeans".

And the three of us laughed again."I miss Olivia and Carter", I said looking at them.

"They'll be back together, don't worry kiddo", said Ryan and pulled me into his chest, hugging me."Dude you smell milkshake, please stop it", I said making him laugh."Karma hurts, or shall I say in this case smells, bitch", he chuckled along with Adam and I giggle.

I moved towards Adam's car as I didn't drive to school myself today, Ryan did, and he had to clean himself of today's events. We decided to meet Carter at Olivia's at 5 in the evening.So Adam stepped on the accelerator and we drove in the direction of my house. I thanked Adam while stepping out of his car and he gave me his best smile, and drove off to his house. 

I had my keys with me today and I unlocked the door and stepped inside. There was a note on the refrigerator which read'Heat the mac and cheese before eating, love mom' I placed the dish in the microwave to heat it while I went up the stairs to take a quick shower. I removed the anklet and noticed the pain had reduced since morning. So after taking the shower, I put on a pain while tee with grey track-pants, and after wearing the anklet to avoid any more injury on the ankle I put on a pair of white sneakers.I stepped down in the kitchen, emptied the contents of the dish in a plate and sat on the couch, after switching on the television. I still had an hour left before going to check up on Olivia. Since I woke up early, I was feeling sleepy and before I knew darkness engulfed me.I woke up to the sound of a bell. 

I placed the plate which was on the couch on the table, in front of me. I took big hurried steps towards the door, as the bell rang the third time.

"What the hell were you up to?", said Ryan as he stepped in the house.

"I was uhh..mm sleeping""And there she goes", he said looking at me."You came to pick me up?", I asked him.

"Yes, you're still hurt", he said pointing at my ankle."I walked all day, sure I can drive",I said."I didn't want to see how that will go, why to take any chances", he said.

I couldn't help but smile at his sweetness. He cared about me, and I felt blessed for having him around.

"Earth to Lucy", he said pulling me out of my thoughts.

"I'll be right back", I said. We stepped out of the house, switching off the appliances, and locking the door behind me. Ryan and I reached Olivia's house in a span of 10 minutes, and noticed Adam and Carter waiting for us, leaning on the bonnet of Adam's car.