Hospital

At the police station, the sheriff put me in his office. I filled out the school information until I got to emergency contact. I skipped it for now at least. I finished it within the hour and just sat.

I wasn't bored, I just thought about the women who raised me. She wasn't my mother, she told me so. I wondered how she had been reacting to me running away. That's when the sheriff came in.

"Lena, everything alright in here?" He asked as he sat at his desk.

"You bet, I just finished the paperwork for school." I gave him the papers to review.

"Everything except the emergency contact." He looked at me, "I think we should call your parents, just to tell them you are safe."

"I can't."

"You can't?" He gave me a confused look.

"I lied to you before, my parents didn't kick me out... I ran away. I had to, you have to understand." 

"Were they hurting you?"

"If I tell you, then you will be held responsibly to do something. From what I can tell, you are a good man. You don't need my drama on your plate. If you let me, I can pull my own weight and I promise to not lie to you again."

"If it gets where I need to be involved, I need a promise from you, that you will tell me." He leaned forward on his desk.

"You have my word."

"Alright, I have to take care of a few things, then I can take you to the house." He stood up from his desk and was about to walk out.

"I don't mind waiting around and you don't have to entertain me. Actually, will you tell me where the hospital is?"

"I can have a deputy take you over. Jones!" He called over to his office. "One more thing, if you are going to be living with me and my son, I might as well be your emergency contact."

"I'll be back. Thank you for understanding." I put my hand on his arm and walked outside with Deputy Jones.

We made small talk on the way over to the hospital. He reassured me he would wait. I got out of the car and made my way into the hospital. I saw the front desk and asked if they had any job openings. I was interviewed on the spot and given a part-time internship/job. I was CPR certified and had worked as a nurses assistant. This would help me pull my weight with Sheriff Stilinski and I could have something to do.

I got more forms to fill out, which I decided to take with me back to the police station. Officer Jones was sitting in his car, reading a book when I hopped back in. "You hungry?"

"I could eat."

We stopped at a local donut shop that also made sandwiches. We talked some more, I gave him minimal information about my life, letting him talk most of the time.

It was getting dark when he dropped me back off at the police station. I thanked him and headed inside. I heard a bunch of noise going on. I didn't see anyone in the front, so I went back to see if someone needed help.

I heard a bell going off and I saw blood on the floor. I got scared when I heard a roar.

I rushed as fast as I could, I heard, "How did you do that?"

"I'm the alpha."

I stared at the guy who had said that. I dropped my hospital papers in the process. All three conscious guys looked at me.

"Has anyone seen the sheriff?" I then saw a pool of blood. "Is that guy bleeding?"

I went into action immediately. I pulled off my over-shirt with a tank top under it. I located the wound and put pressure on it.

I had to cheek for other wounds, so I pushed my knee against my shirt and looked at his most valuable spots. Something caught my attention when I looked at his wrist, a tattoo. One that we shared.

As if his body burned me, I pushed back from it.

This was impossible. She told me we were special, that I was special. Why would I believe anything that came out of her mouth was real?

"Lena?"

I felt a hand on my shoulder, it was Isaac. The boy that had handcuffs on not even six hours ago.

"Isaac, we need to get you out of here now!"

An older boy with a leather jacket yelled. They two boys left and I remembered about the pool of blood gushing from the guy passed out. I returned to his wound. I was about to direct the only guys left to call 911 when the alarm was turned off.

The sheriff appeared two seconds later, looking at me and the boy and the empty cell. This wasn't good for anyone.

"Uh, he did it." The boy in plaid pointed at the injured man.

I didn't stop putting pressure on the guy's wound until the paramedics got there. I wiped my hair away from my face with bloody hands. The sheriff questioned the boy first. I remembered I had seen him earlier at the school, meaning that was the sheriff's son.

I was questioned next, I told him about going to the hospital, getting food and Officer Jones dropping me back off. I heard a noise in the back and I had seen blood on the floor, I told him of my experience with CPR and worked with nurses and doctors before. I went to help, I didn't see how Isaac escaped or knew who helped him. At the moment my sole focus was on helping another who was injured.

After that the sheriff let me wash my hands and directed me to his car. I sat in the front seat thinking about the man's tattoo. It was like mine. I was told I was getting a tattoo by her; I was only thirteen. I had been trained since I could walk, and she thought it was long overdue. I compromised not to get the whole saying just two words.

'Nous Chassons'.

We hunt.

It came from the saying, we hunt those who hunt us. I needed to get this covered, but that guy had the whole saying, in french.

Maybe he could lead me to people who might have known my parents. I kept that in mind as the Sheriff drove to his house. I officially met his son, Stiles. I was given a tour and was off to bed.