Hold on

"You what?" He asked me.

"Kate always told me, I wasn't hers. She said I was put in her lap to raise. Then, when she dissapeared the last time, I guess when she died, it didn't seem out of the ordinary. She would always take off and come back a few days or weeks later. And when I was at their house having dinner, they were looking at me like they knew."

"How would they know?" He asked me.

"How many Isleen's do you know? And also have you seen Chris Argent? I have his eyes."

"Well, what do you want to do?"

"I want to hear what they have to say. Why they gave me away." I stood up.

"Alright, kid. Whatever happens that spare room is yours." He came around the desk to hug me.

"Thank you." I opened the door to see a kid, about to knock on the door.

"Jackson, come on in." I walked out of the police station and drove back to The Argent's house.

Was I really about to do this? Before I could even think about it, my hand knocked on the door, Victoria answered. "Hi, Lena."

"I know this may sound crazy, but I think I'm your daughter." It came out like word-vomit. And she didn't look shocked at all.

"Come on in honey." She put her hand on the back of my shoulder, "Chris!"

I saw him from the second floor, he knew I knew. Victoria lead me to the couch and sat down across from me while Chris sat next to me. "What questions do you have?" Chris asked me.

"Why did you give me away?" I haven't processed this enough to cry yet.

"We wanted to keep you, we wanted that more than anything. You and your sister were supposed to grow up together, as most twins do."

"I'm a twin!?" I screamed.

"Fraternal twins. You were born two minutes before Allison," Victoria answered.

"Oh my gosh." I stood up from the couch.

"My mother wanted to see how it would be to give one of you to Kate to raise you in the family business. And for the other to learn about it later. She died a year after you were born." Chris said calmly.

"You didn't ask about me? You didn't ask Kate to see me?"

"Kate told us you were dead. She said you had died in the crossfire between her and a werewolf. We held a funeral and that was that. We didn't have any reason not to believe her." My birth mother said.

"The casket was so little. It broke our hearts." Chris started to tear up.

"You know what broke my heart? My first kill at nine years old! Or when Kate took me at thirteen to get that stupid saying tattooed on me and when it was infected so made me get it again! Or when she told me I was pushed into her lap to take care of, I was a burden to have around. Unless, I was doing her bidding, or I was killing for her, she didn't care if I was dead or alive. And not once, did either of you come to look for me!" I yelled at them so loud I thought the walls shook.

"Isleen, we didn't know." Chris tried to approach me. But, I backed up to the wall.

"Don't touch me. I'm done. I came here to listen, and I've done that. I don't want to see either of you again." I walked behind the couch to the front door and ran to my car.

As I started to drive, all my emotions attacked me at once. I started to bawl. I pulled over into a parking lot and just cried. I got out of my car and just screamed. And cried some more. When I knew my tears were all gone, I got back in my car. I sat with my head on the steering wheel, I heard a knock of my window.

I rolled it down without looking at who it was, which went against everything Kate taught me. "Lena?" I slowly turned my head to see Isaac Lahey. "Are you ok?"

I turned my head back down and rolled up the window. "Lena!" He knocked harder. When I didn't answer he opened my door. Which I forgot to lock. He bent down, "What happened? Who hurt you?" He put his hand on my knee and I lost it all over again.

I cried and he somehow put my arms on top of his shoulders. He hugged me while I cried into his neck. He eventually lifted me up, with my legs around his torso and brought me to the passengers side of the car. I curled into a ball, while he got into the drivers seat. He put one of his arms on my leg and I leaned on it.

He didn't ask anymore questions, which I was grateful for. I couldn't tell where he was driving us until we pulled up to the sheriff's house. He again picked me up, as if I were a baby and carried me to the front door. I unlocked it and we walked in together.

I went to the kitchen to get some water. I finally asked, "How did you know where I was?" my voice cracked

"Derek told me to follow you around. Actually I volunteered. I only wanted to make sure you were safe." I put my cup in the sink and wiped my eyes.

"How much of the conversation did you hear with The Argent's?" I had my back to him.

"All of it..? But, I won't tell anyone."

I nodded my head and walked past him to my room. He followed behind me. I went into my closet to change from my scrubs into sweatpants and a hoodie. I put my hair into a bun as well. When I walked out Isaac was sitting on my bed, for a millisecond, I thought about what it would be like to kiss him.

I won't lie, I was very attracted to him. His curly hair, his eyes, his confidence though a little bit much at times. He cared about me, enough to make sure I was safe from Derek.

"Do you want me to stay?" I woke up from my daydream. Yes! Say yes!

"I'll be alright. Thanks though."

"Ok." He got up from my bed and surprised me with a hug. "Call me for anything. I mean anything."

I held on to him a little longer than a normal hug.

"Mhmm." I hummed into his chest. He pulled away first and held my hand. I again leaned on his arm as I walked him to the front door.

He stood on the porch, dropping a few inches for me to not have to crank my neck up to see him. "Someday, maybe not soon, but someday, I'm going to convince you to go on a date with me."

I rolled my eyes. Then, he kissed my check and left. I put my hand on that check and smiled.