I told you so

I guess the one good thing that came out of the attack of Matt, was that the sheriff got his badge back. Everything else was a mess.

Scott and Stiles weren't talking.

Allison and Chris were bonding by hunting down Derek. Since I helped warn Derek I was also the enemy.

Which led to my boyfriend going into hiding. We had little to no contact.

I totally understood when Sheriff Stilinski had another officer question me if I had heard from him. And I stuck to my promise that I wouldn't lie to him. I told the officer I hadn't because that was the truth. Derek tried to tell me where they were, but I stopped him before he could. I couldn't know where they were.

So, I started leaving notes for Isaac. On my car, outside my window, anywhere I thought he might check up on me. He left me a note outside my window to stay close to Scott, for a few days. So, I did.

I made-up a story to Scott, that since Isaac was MIA, I was super lonely. I had Stiles, but I could smell the anxiety on him, I didn't want to bother him with me. Scott let me come to work with him, one of the days.

He introduced me to his boss, Dr. Deaton. It seemed he already knew who I was. "Isleen Argent, right?"

"Actually Logans." I gave him a smile.

He was talking to Scott and I when the front door chimed. "Would you mind seeing who that is?" Dr. Deaton asked Scott.

That's when all the dogs started barking in the other room. Both of them got nervous and checked who it was. I stood ready to attack.

"It's ok, Isaac. We're open." Deaton said.

Oh my goodness. As soon as he came into my view I ran to him. I squeezed him so tight, then I checked his face to see if he was alright. "I'm ok." He grabbed my hand and together we stood in front of the whimpering dog.

"Why does it smell like that?" Isaac asked.

Deaton and Scott looked at each other, and Deaton laughed a little.

"What?" Isaac asked again.

"Scott said almost the same thing to me a few months ago." Scott nodded his head. "One day he could somehow tell the difference between which animals were getting better and which were not."

Isaac looked at the dog, "He's not getting better is he?" Deaton shook his head.

"Like cancer?" I ask.

"Osteosarcoma. It has a very distinct scent, doesn't it?" Isaac started to fidget a little. "Come here." I let go of his hand, while he walked over to the doctor.

"I know you're well aware of what your new abilities can do for you. Improved strength, speed, and healing. You ever wonder what it could do for others? Give me your hand." Isaac placed his hand on Deaton's. "Go on."

Deaton put Isaac's hand on the sick dog. Black lines shot up through Isaac's hand and wrist. "What did I do?"

"You took some of his pain away," Scott explained.

"Only a little bit. But sometimes a little can make quite a difference."

I couldn't see Isaac's face, but he had his hand up to it. "It's ok. First time he showed me, I cried too."

Isaac lowered his hand and smiled so wide. And right at that moment, I knew I loved him. I helped Dr.Deaton clean up and the sick dog's owner came to pick him up. Isaac and Scott were in the other room, I went to go join them when Deaton started to talk, "You know your dad is worried about you?"

I sighed, "He may be my blood, but he's not my dad."

"Have you given him the chance to be?" I knew Deaton was wise, I knew that the first five minutes of meeting him.

"Yes. And every time he disappoints me. You know for as long as I can remember, everyone who has ever been in my life seems to leave me. Either they think it will make me stronger or they simply don't care. It's just a matter of time before everyone does." I say to him.

Isaac stepped into the front room, "Can we talk?"

I already knew what he was going to say. "Of course." He held his hand out to me and we went outside. He was quiet, trying to gather his thoughts and how to tell me he was leaving. I spoke for him, "They're leaving tonight,  aren't they?"

He nodded.

"You're going with them?" The sooner the bandage was ripped off, the sooner I could heal.

He nodded again. I wanted to tell him how I felt; How I could see us being together, forever. But, that would be selfish of me, so I broke my own heart instead of fighting for him. "Ok."

"Ok?" He asked.

"Isaac, do what you need to do. I want you to be happy, that's all I want for you. I wish I could be that happiness you need, but I wish you all the best." I pulled him down to me, for one last kiss. I let him go first, opening the door to go inside the clinic. 

Deaton and Scott stood at the front desk, "I told you, everyone leaves."

Scott drove me home after two more hours at the clinic. He tried to talk to me about it, but I told him it was ok. Isaac was my first love, whether he knew it or not, I would always love him.

When I walked through the front door of my house, I put on a happy face. I couldn't tell Sheriff Stilinski, Isaac just broke up with me, because I wasn't supposed to see him. I could tell Stiles, but that would stress him out more. I opted to keep it to myself.

I got to my room to see a reminder that the championship game was tonight. I decided to spend my time getting ready for it, Stiles drove over early. And the sheriff and I drove together. We parked and went to grab a seat. Melissa met up with us, suddenly we saw Stiles on the field.

"Oh no. Why is my son running out to the field?" The sheriff asked.

"Because he's on the team?" Melissa answered.

"He is. He's on the team. He's on the field. My son is on the field!" He sounded and stood up.

"Oh gosh." I stood up too, "He's really excited." I said to the people on the stands, I brought the sheriff back down to sit.

He started to get really anxious, moving all over the place. I put his hand in mine, "He's going to do great. I hope."

"Thanks, Lena." He squeezed my hand and let it go. That's when Lydia joined us. We started talking, we even planned to hang out this week.

The whistle finally blew to signal the game was starting. In the first two seconds, Stiles somehow managed to catch the ball. Then get tackled. "He's probably just warming up." Melissa tried to reassure us.

Until Stiles got tackled again. "He's just a little nervous." Lydia defended him. "Plenty of time to turn it around."

The ball bounced off of Stiles' helmet the next time. All four of us sitting down, just stared at him. I thought about going to talk to Coach, I just happened to be his favorite student. And he happens to be my favorite teacher. But, the moment fled when I realized how much Stiles wanted this. He just wanted to play, so I would sit here, and defend him. Then, tomorrow I would personally help him with his throws.

I watched Stiles on the field, not taking my eyes off of him. That was before I heard Coach yell, "Lahey!" I turned my head to see Isaac on the field, playing. Well, sort of. He was just tackling our guys.

And Coach was getting really mad, "Lahey! Seriously, what the heck is your problem?" Isaac shrugged his shoulders, which made me smile.

The next play, Isaac hit the ground really hard. I stood up from my seat to see him, I even rushed into the field. "Isaac!"

I crouched down beside him and Scott, "It's not broken, but I can't move it. I think Jackson nicked me cause I can feel it spreading." I followed him on the stretcher. When someone grabbed me from behind.