Stiles, I need to find Stiles

Derek promised to tell me what Peter said in the morning. So, I drove to the house and fell asleep. I woke up sitting straight up and I yelled, "Stiles!"

I jump out of my bed and race to his room to find it empty. I ran back and grabbed my phone and called him, it went to voicemail a few times. Finally he picked up, "Stiles? Stiles, can you hear me?"

"Lena."

"Where are you?"

"I don't know. I can't move. Something's wrong with my leg, I think it's bleeding."

"What else? What can you see?"

"It's so dark and it smells terrible. My eyes are watering."

"I'm gonna find you, Stiles. Scott and dad and I will find you." I say to him.

"No, don't call my dad. Please, you and Scott can find me. Oh I have to go, I have to turn my phone off."

"Wait, Stiles-" The call ended.

I called Scott and he told me Stiles said there was something with him. He also said he was in a basement and cold. "Scott, tonight's the coldest night of the year."

"Isaac and I are going coming over to get a better scent."

"Did you call The Sheriff?"

"He made me promise not to."

"Well, I didn't make that promise. I'm calling him and Stiles can be mad at me later." I end the call and called the Sheriff's Station.

"Sheriff please. You tell him it's an emergency. No, I don't want to talk to a Deputy." They put me on hold, and I put the phone down. I put the phone back to my ear while was changing into some warmer clothes. "Hello?"

"Deputy Parrish."

"I need to talk to the Sheriff tell him it's his daughter. Screw it, I'm coming over there."

I texted Scott to meet me at the Station. We told The Sheriff together and as he told the other officers what do it, I couldn't help but look at one of the Deputy's. I felt like I knew him, I felt drawn to him. I shook it off and sat at the Station while everyone went to the hospital and eventually to the mental institute nearby.

I sat on the bench outside of The Sheriff's office, half looking at my phone, half at the Deputy. I was getting cold and went into my father figures office to find a blanket. When I came out Agent Mccall was there holding a paper.

"Hey, is this the exact transcipt of Scott and Stiles's phone call?" He asked.

"It's what he gave us."

"But, these words. Stiles says, 'Something smells terrible. My eyes are watering.'" The Deputy just shrugged his shoulders.

Agent Mccall walked to the front desk before coming back into the room, "Lena, come on." I sat up and saw Melissa. He told me to follow him, he might know where Stiles was.

I prayed the whole time we drove, "Please, let him be ok. Please."

We parked in front of the woods, and I saw footprints. "Wait. He's this way."

A few hundred feet and I saw him, "Stiles!" He was screaming so loud, he was so terrified. My heart broke.

"Stiles, you're alright. It's ok. You're alright." I sat in front of him, while Melissa held him. "Stiles, you're alright."

We carried him back to Agent Mccall's car and Melisa offered to drive my car back. So, I could be with him and try to stop the bleeding with my first aid I had brought. I thanked her and held his bleeding ankle until they wheeled him in the hospital.

I wasn't allowed in, because technically I wasn't family. I tried to pull some strings, but they wouldn't let me see him. So, I sat with the others and waited to see The Sheriff. He cam out not long after.

"He's sleeping now. And he's just fine. He doesn't remember much, it's a bit like a dream to him." He thanked Agent Mccall.

"It was that repellent we sprayed in the coyote den to keep the other animals out. I couldn't go near it without my eyes watering. It's just a good thing he mentioned it over the phone."

"No, it was more than that. Thank you."

"It was a lucky connection." I laughed a little.

"Mccall, can you shut up please and accept my sincerest gratitude."

"Accepted." And they shook hands.

Melissa sent all the kids home, but I wanted to stay. I sat by Stiles's side and held The Sheriff's hand the whole night.

Melissa came by in the morning and he went to talk to her. Eventually, Stiles woke up and I was there. We talked for a little before they went to do tests on him.

Stiles sat on the MRI machine's bed, Scott and I standing beside him. The doctor, who I had worked with a few times, was in there as well, "I'm not sure I know how to pronounce this. Or if it's not actually a misspelling."

"Just call him Stiles." The Sheriff was a little on edge.

"Stiles, just to warn you. You're going to hear a lot of noise during the MRI. It's due to pulses of electricity, going through the metal coils inside the mechine."

"I can go grab you some earplugs or headphones," I say to him. It was important to have someone you know, not a stranger explain some of this stuff to you. I told them I could've been the one to explain but they didn't let me.

"I'm alright. I don't need anything." He grabbed my hand, squeezing it.

"Hey, we're just on the other side of that window. Ok?" The Sheriff, Melissa, and the doctor went into the other room.

"You know what they're looking for, right?" Stiles asked us. "It's called, frontotemporal dementia. Areas of your brain start to shrink. It's what my mother had. It's the only form of dementia that can hit teenagers. And there's no cure." He explained.

"Stiles, if you have it, we'll do something." I looked up to Scott and started to tear up. "I'll do something." They hugged, and I cried.

When they pulled apart, I hugged Stiles. "You're gonna be fine. Ok? Hey, you're the only brother I've got ok? I love you."

"I love you too." I wiped my tears and helped him lay down. I pull the blanket over him and tuck in the sides, when Scott came and grabbed me.

I grabbed Stiles's arm and squeezed it one more time. The doctor, remotely pushed the bed into the machine and talked to Stiles through the intercom. I stayed with the adults, and Scott went out in the hall.

When the scans started to upload, I put my nails into my palm. Squeezing as hard as I could. I didn't hear anything they said, all I was the scans. I saw on the monitor Stiles started to move and then the lights went out.

"What was that?"

"It sounded like a power surge."

"Where's my son?" I looked threw the window to see Stiles gone.