𝐭 𝐡 𝐫 𝐞 𝐞 : 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙚

"He was her warmth, she was his peace."

"Why does this always happen to me?" I groaned into my palms, sitting on my bed all alone in the chill-misty wind, as I heard shuffling downstairs followed by some yelling.

Guess my father didn't take my decision really well about quitting.

"Can I come in dear?" I heard my nana whisper from the door, and I immediately wiped the threatening tears away from my lids.

"Of course nana, you don't have to ask." I mumbled, folded my legs and hugging my pillow to the brim, not believing that my father would go to that extent that he would put money before me.

I shouldn't be surprised, but at the same time it hurts.

Can he be a good parent for once?

No?

Okay.

Nana softly closed the door behind her and walked towards me with her lanky yet striding legs, sitting beside me on the bed sheet and frowning at me with a weak pat on the shoulder.

"I'm so sorry sweetie, I tried to stop your father, but he wouldn't listen." She explained, as I nodded my head in understanding and looked at her with glossy eyes.

She kept eyeing the imprint on my neck with curiosity, as immediately my hand went to it to touch it whenever I'm nervous, as it makes me feel better, and she formed her lips into a thin line.

"Diana?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you remember what had happened with you during the blood moon?" She asked while changing the topic, and I nodded.

"Of course, I left the shop early due the orders of the royal family, and I followed Elliot home. I don't really recall much about that day, it was almost two years ago." I muttered with a shrug.

"Are you sure you left with him? Because ever since then, you've had this imprint on your neck." She said skeptically, cocking her eyebrow upwards, as I looked away.

"I don't know how it came on to me nana, I'm trying to figure that out myself, no matter how hard I try it does not wash away, and scratching it is useless." I groaned, still caressing it softly, as it made soft tingles tickle my core.

"Hmm, tell me this, do you have any weird dreams when you go to sleep?"

"Are you hiding something from me?" I asked suddenly, immediately knowing she has some kind of knowledge about how I got this, or else she wouldn't have known about the dreams at all.

"Answer my question first dear." She pleaded.

"No, I don't have any weird dreams." I deadpanned, not wanting to talk about the man torturing me with his kisses and love every night in my sleep, and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"If you say so," She mumbled, still eyeing me suspiciously, as I did that same to her.

My nana was smart, she could easily tell if someone was lying or not. She could read me like a book, so lying to her was impossible. But she also knew that I'm as smart as her, and that I figured out she's not telling me something, so I glared at her, stopping her from prying any further, and she got the message.

"Do you find this life entertaining dear?" She asked in a soft voice while looking out the window.

"What life?"