𝐟 𝐨 𝐫 𝐭 𝐲 : 𝐭 𝐡 𝐫 𝐞 𝐞 : 𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙢𝙚

"Stay with me, as no one else makes sense in my life other than you."

"I'm proud of you son." Micheal preached happily in the back of his son's mind from afar, while the scowling royal was busy arranging some papers on his desk and groaned at the many feather quills scattered beside the nearby chairs in the room.

"Thank you father." Lazarus thought gratefully with a sly shrug after connecting properly with the former King through their mind link, stretching and flexing his shoulders to get rid of the stress knots, while his eyes shone the colour silver.

"So I can conclude the numbers were a lot?" His father chuckled profusely.

"Nothing I can't handle, it was satisfying. Now I and my beast can relax more," Lazarus sighed tiredly after taking a sip of the blood drink placed near his small ticking expensive clock that was placed right in front of his view.

"How is she? Is she enjoying the party down there?" He asked again curiously, knowing his father was in the party as they spoke to each other telepathically, after observing his messy office with a frown, hoping she liked his surprise that he had literally planned mid battle in another kingdom, before sitting on his wooden chair to sign a few security agreements.

"She seems to be very happy with it son, you've done a great job."

"Good, let her stay that way. I'll be down there in a few minutes. And she can't know what happened in Goldania."

"Oh come on filius, she deserves to know about it. She loves you after all." [Translation: Son.]

"And I love her too father, which is why I don't want her to worry about it. It's done and finished, and it's not even a big deal. I can't have her lecture me on a minor issue."

"A minor issue you say? Destroying a whole hiding army of Jacqueline's tiny amount of rebels is not a minor issue. Your Queen was worried sick when you were gone."

"You think of me too weakly father, a number close to 450 is not at all comparable to my fangs. Just snipe and bite, and it's even better because they are the part of Illusion."

"I get your point, but you've hidden many things from her in the past, she won't appreciate it if you continue doing it. Especially when it comes to Illusion."

"I'm doing this to protect her. She's a very prominent target who is vulnerable to the naked eye, not having anything to defend herself with against a thirsty vampire. It's a secret, and I'd like to keep it that way." Lazarus growled dangerously, making himself very clear before gulping down the last bit of the scarlet liquid, letting out a sigh of delight after the taste, getting the glass down and finishing some enquiry letters.

"What about Lola? Is she taken care of?"

"I'll do that after Diana goes to sleep tonight. Right now I need a break for a few hours with her, then I'll have my sanity back."