𝐭 𝐰 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐟 𝐨 𝐮 𝐫 : 𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚

"No matter how far apart we are, I will always take care of you."

"Oh," I muttered in disappointment, as I saw their hanging faces with guilt plastered in their eyes, and I cleared my throat in front of the throng very visibly to showcase my emotions.

"I-I'll eat later then." I whispered softly, realising this place has nothing not blood for digestion, even though my stomach was almost rumbling because of the want for edibles.

Vampires are like aliens, they don't need sleep and don't go insane, and they don't need food and still can get fat.

What is this pathetic theory? An abomination.

"We are sorry my Queen, we were not really uhh..expecting anyone here among us who would need to consume anything other than..blood."

Of course, why would a vampire suddenly crave some nice coco pudding in the middle of the day?

"It's okay Dahlia, it's just food. It's not like I'm going to die or anything." I joked sarcastically.

I might starve, but this won't be the first time anyways.

Ah, the 'good' old memories.

Everyone stiffened at my words, clearly not used to my sarcasm, as I rubbed my neck awkwardly to avoid any eye contact because of the situation, while some of them coughed in embarrassment and Dahlia just stared at me blankly.

Ah, embarrassment. My long lost best friend.

"Soooo, what's the agenda for today?" I said sheepishly while swinging my clenched fists, while all of them stared at me like my face slowly morphed into horse, and they straightened their postures properly.

"We'll be meeting the servant instructor, Mr Raphael, now he'll be giving us all our lists of chores." A man announced while drinking a glass of blood, and I nodded quietly at him.

"Let's go your majesty." Dahlia patted my back and made me follow the dozen dresses vampires who had their cleaning tools ready.

I really wanted to bring Zari's coat with me, but I knew it would probably become filthy after working for the whole day, so I just left it on the bed. And so God help me because I already miss him so much.

I need to control myself from barging into his bedroom and just jump him.

"What is she even going to do? It's not Mr Raphael will give her any work, we already know they have like limited amounts of chores reserved for her." I heard a guard hiss, as I hugged myself to ignore the comment.

I think at least vampires and humans have one thing in common, and that is pure gossip.

"Exactly, servant or not, she'll get the special treatment. Guess all the dirty work needs to be done by us itself." A woman servant hissed, as I bit my lip to not think about it too much.

"Why did she even bother coming down here? We know for sure that she's not going to do any work. She'll probably sit in one place and watch."