𝐟 𝐢 𝐯 𝐞 : 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙤𝙣'𝙨 𝙙𝙚𝙣

"If I know what love is, it is because of you."

"No." I simply deadpanned, scooting away from this man who's hiding a whole book of secrets from me.

I was mortified what the fact that he even considered making me forget that night, it was a night that was the most memorable one yet as it was out of the ordinary.

Can't just forget that this man even took my first kiss, and for some reason, I let him kiss me. And right now, him holding me, him touching me, him teasing me, was just not acceptable on my consciousness.

This whole scene was very new to me, and I didn't expect to have my life tangled with a bunch of supernatural creatures, let alone be held by one.

I thought those were just myths and stories.

Nonetheless, I knew that night was oddly very...special to me. It was the first time I was able to go outside of the protection of my lousy parents, and the village itself.

I got to go to the forest alone and see a monster it's in vulnerable state, and the same monster changed my life by claiming me and watching me from the shadows.

He truly was my guardian angel, but right now? I don't know how to feel about the whole scenario.

"You are coming with me love, whether you like it or not." Zari shot back with a monotone expression, and I rolled my eyes.

Love.

The nickname itself it making me feel woozy.

"Why did you mark her in the first place?" Caesar groaned, and Zari shrugged.

"I don't know, the beast inside me wanted me to."

The beast inside him wanted to? What does that mean?

"Okay, no confusing talks now. And like I said, no. I'm not staying. So now if you excuse me, I'll have to continue my drastic runaway from home." I announced while taking off his coat and shoving it into his hands, before heading towards the trees by which I left my bag.

But before I could step aside from the whole scene, he grabbed my arm with vampire strength and pulled me into his chest harshly, making me bump my head against him.

"Hey! Let me go you traitor!" I protested, trying to flee from his arms, as he growled in a threatening way and glared at me with his fangs, making me almost stop my actions of struggling, wanting to obey him.

Gosh, since when have I started to submit to a man?

Especially him?

I hate this effect he has on me.

"Uhh...technically...you can't exactly leave now. His highne-I mean the commander has marked you, which means you are bound to him for life." David explained.

"WHAT!? What do you mean bound for life!? And what if this marking foolishness!? Just please let me go, I won't tell anyone that vampires exist. I'll do the code of silence, please!" I pleaded, hitting his chest again to create some damage, and he seemed unfazed by my efforts.