𝐬 𝐞 𝐯 𝐞 𝐧 : 𝙖𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜

"He made me feel safe with the mere thought of him in my mind, as if his spirit was right next to me, guarding me with every ounce of love he had for me."

It was time for us to enter to the chambers of the royal thrones, after all of us walked through thousands of hallways and staircases to reach this wing of the castle.

Every time I would try to come with an excuse to not encounter the highest people in the hierarchy yet, Zari would always try to comfort me by cooeing sweet words to me or would give me a back hug to calm my nerves.

With every element of surprise, I was grateful to have him during this time, because if it wasn't for him, I would've probably passed out like a chicken on the ground by now.

And I was not at all prepared for what I'm supposed to say to them.

Hey! I'm a human who ran away from home!

Oh, also I got bitten by a vampire because I went on a hike to look for antlers to play with!

And I like pie!

May I know your favourite colour?

I was literally about to cry with the anxiety building up in my stomach, as I was not all good with introducing myself to people. Heck, I wasn't generally good with people at all.

I mean, whenever I did do that, I would end up being stalked by someone for two years or would be considered to marry them for money.

In any case, the first one was better.

That is, if the guy is only Zari. If it would've been someone else, I would've gladly poked them to death.

Don't ask me why he's an exception.

I passed thousands of guards in my way to the big doors of the throne room, and all of them had a routine of reaction.

First, oh no! There's a human in the castle! We better growl right now lads.

Second, wait, what's that on her neck? Is that a mark? We better looked perplexed.

And finally, oh my God! That's a mark of a pure blood! Better gasp as dramatically as possible in our lives!

"Open." David ordered the front guards of the doors, doing the three step reactions as I had mentioned earlier, as I was already unfazed with this behaviour, before they used their shaky hands to grab the handle and pull the bars of silver, opening the ton-weighed doors open, as we stepped into the most prestigious part of the kingdom.

And of course, I started gawking at the room again.

How could I not?

It was completely covered in expensive jewels, ranging from diamond, sapphires, rubies, emeralds, and what not. All of these gems adorned the carvings in the ceilings and walls, as the floor was covered in a white and beige marble, while chandeliers illuminated the whole place with the help of a few torches.