𝐟 𝐨 𝐫 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐟 𝐢 𝐯 𝐞 : 𝘼𝙭𝙚𝙡

"My night has become a sunny dawn because of you." 

"You're our Queen?!" Father shrieked in utter shock after my confession, as I squealed happily and engulfed my tiny nana into my arms with a squeeze while she sat in the corner, as she wrapped her frail arms around me tightly to greet me.

"She sure is." Elliot smiled with satisfaction while leaning on the wall beside Lazarus, as my mate had his arms crossed the whole time, not really bothered about anything.

"You know about this? You and mother both knew where she was this whole time?!" Mother gasped in plain surprise while I kissed nana's cheek.

"Of course we knew." Nana shrugged casually.

"Why didn't you tell us? In fact, since when have you known this? Do you know how worried we were? You saw us panic almost everyday!" Father grumbled softly at my nana, trying not to raise his voice on his parent, making nana tsk.

"You were worried about me? That's a first." I mumbled sarcastically.

"Don't start with this bullshit now Diana, you had no idea what we had to go through. We were worried sick!" Mother protested with a face of worry.

"Why though?" I frowned with no care.

"Why?! You're seriously asking that?! Why wouldn't we worry is the real question, can you tell us what made you hit in the head to even think about running away?!" Father snarled, not controlling his volume anymore.

"Oh I don't know, a certain someone tried to marry me off into a rich family because it would bring 'profit' and would be a good 'investment' to the family. I have no idea why I did that father, why don't you tell me?" I snarled back while stating the obvious, making him clench his fists, while I could hear Lazarus audibly growl at mg statement.

"Before you even say a word to her, don't even think about calling her out for her actions. She has every reason to justify her doings, anyone would feel unsafe here if that were to happen to them. You can't pressure my baby to get her into something you could benefit from." Nana argued.

'Nana banana strikes again.' Elliot mouthed to me while referring to our phrase since we were kids, making me giggle.

"Mother, you need to realise we were trying to look out for her. I never would use her for my own good, I'm not stupid to not acknowledge the fact that the men of this village tried to take advantage of her. Marriage would act like protection to her being, even you know that." Father shot back.

"But you wanted to marry me off with someone I didn't even know or love!" I lectured.

"We gave you enough time to find love! You didn't find anything. Because—"

"Okay, that's enough," Lazarus started dangerously while leaning off of the wall and walking towards me and tucking his hands in his pockets, making both my mother and father flinch because of the authority dripping out of his words like sweat, before he held my hand in his and turned towards them confidently.

"Whatever the reason might be, I am not seeing her get troubled here for her actions right now. What she did probably was the best decision in her life because it led her to me. You should be happy that she ran away, because she's under the royal protection thanks to this. So no, you don't get to scold your daughter for what she did, and she didn't come here to get scolded at. And I'm not having my Queen get bombarded with something she didn't do wrong in front of my eyes." He hissed dangerously, making me smile at him thankfully before caressing his plan with my thumb.