𝐞 𝐢 𝐠 𝐡 𝐭 : 𝙘𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙣𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜

"I am a person of having trust issues, I can't fall for people very easily, but you are the reason why I was proved wrong about not believing the concept of love at first sight."

"Are you sure this is the actual room?" I gasped while looking at the size of the royal red and black space, covered in silk and woolly furniture, as our footsteps thundered the wooden floor, making me question whether I'm in a dream or not.

"I'm very sure my lady." The young maid spoke softly in a giggle, as she opened the heigh ceiling door for her departure behind me, after guiding me through the castle to find my place for the night.

"Wait, are you really sure this is the room? It looks more royal than a normal bedroom. And...more expensive then I'll ever be. I think we came to the wrong place?" I nervously laughed, scratching my head in shyness as she gave me a warm smile while I turned around to face her.

"You don't need to worry, I am absolutely certain this is where you and master are supposedly staying. He'll be arriving shortly soon after a meeting with the King, in the meantime, you can bath in the warm springs in this wing of the castle. It's directly connected to these walls." She chuckled while pointing at the door to my furthest right, making my eyes widen even more at her words.

"There's a spring bath in this place!?" I whisper-yelled.

"Of course, only the best for the lovely guest." She smiled, before closing the door softly afterwards, leaving me to my thoughts in this spacious and humongous room all alone.

"How is that I'm being proved wrong every second about these people? I think I misjudged them way too quickly. I thought vampires were evil." I groaned to myself, expecting some type of harsh treatment for being an outsider, as I couldn't understand why I was getting special treatment.

It was utterly surprising to see how wrong I was about vampires. Of course, I expected to be treated like those people in books where they would be judged quite quickly, as being a living example of being called out in the village, but this place was...different.

I mean, not everyone was nice. Lola was there to prove that correctly, but still I wondered how it would be like to be staying among vampires.

How it would be like to be mated with one, and that too a very powerful one.

How am I even mated with one in the first place? I'm human.

Or...at least I think I am.

I'm not so sure now.

It was already nightfall, as the moonlight shimmered through the curtained windows, making my shadows grace the floor, as I sighed out loud to debate on whether I should take a bath or not.

I don't have any clothes with me.

Maybe there are some in the closet?

I quietly headed towards the connected door leading into the spring bath to my right, hoping to have some privacy after a very long day, as I thanked the Gods above for keeping Zari busy while I explored some of the room.

This whole room screamed dominance and style, being covered with paintings of angels and the previous kings and queens, as I stared at the portraits in awe, observing how the paint was adorned to perfection, making it look almost real.

After watching the comforting bed sheets and dusted furniture, my eyes shifted towards the big door.

I wasted no further seconds before entering the magical walls of the spring baths after speed walking to it, already greeted by the steam inside the door, as I gasped at the sight in front of me.