𝐭 𝐰 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐞 𝐢 𝐠 𝐡 𝐭 : 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣

"That's it, you are my tree. Let me claim you as mine."

"I-It's...okay Diana...it's just a few...b-burns...you'll be completely f-fine.." I sniffed to myself while backing into wall all alone in an empty hallway, as my whole body was aching from the hot tea flames, and I was too scared to see what impact it might have printed on myself.

"T-This...is the last thing...I n-needed today...what did I do wrong?" I cried softly, already on the verge of tears, as it was already difficult for me to form words with my stuttering voice, and I broke down while sitting on the floor with my stained dress.

"I...t-tried to be g-good, w-why does everyone h-hate me here? T-This is something beyond humans and v-vampires.." I broke out loud, blowing some cool air onto my palms to numb them, as I could already see some blisters forming on my skin, making me inwardly panic.

This is seriously not needed! I still have a party to plan!

"N-No no no, this c-can't be happening. H-How will I use my hands?" I choked while eyeing the redness continuing to emerge, at least thanking Jesus for the dress I was wearing to prevent any further burn on my body.

"M-Make it g-go away...please..." I pleaded into the broken atmosphere, as the only thing that could be heard was my hitching breaths and trembling teeth jarring together.

The burns left me alone in a cold breeze, as the chilly air hugged my skin to torture it more, making it impossible for me to heal with no equipment or medicine to aid me.

At least my body won't have blisters, but my uncovered hands are a complete gone case.

"H-How was it not hot for them? I-It's like l-lava to me.." I whimpered, banging my head onto the wall behind me while feeling my fiery tears coat my face with stained waterfalls.

I failed to be strong, I failed miserably. The moment my scream echoed in the whole building, I knew I was damaged.

I couldn't bare the pain, it was too much for my human self. I've tried as much as possible to stay away from the heat and fire all my life, and this is how the universe back bites at me for some sin I've done.

What the heck did I do in the first place!? I was polite to him! I WAS POLITE TO ALL OF THEM EVEN AFTER THE THINGS THEY'VE TALKED ABOUT ME!

THEY SHOULD BE LUCKY I DIDN'T CUT THEIR GENITALS AND SHOVE THEM DOWN THEIR THROAT TO MAKE IT RETURN TO IT'S ORIGINAL PLACE—

No no, come on Diana, don't rage. Breathe.

I finally hugged myself to ease the aches, calming down my shaking body gradually second after second, as gulping in my saliva became a task because of evident block on my throat, and my eyelids were tired.

I could barely move, as I couldn't thank myself enough for wearing thick clothing today because of the never ending snow, almost immediately regretting to not wear gloves.

Darn it, why didn't I wear my gloves?

"Hello there pwettyyy lady, whatchaaa going aaalll alone in here?" I heard a slurry voice speak from the end of the corridor, making me flinch in my spot with fear, as my eyes widened to see a drunk vampire limping my way with a scary grin on his face.

A grin in his face.

That's a terrifying sight.

I didn't say anything, as I attempted to get up and just run to a safe spot with people around me, wanting to be alone at all costs with no conversation with anyone.