𝐬 𝐢 𝐱 : 𝙘𝙖𝙘𝙤𝙥𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙮

"Only she gets the power to calm him down at his worst, and only he gets to make her feel more special at her best." 

"This is...quite the home." I gawked with my parted lips softly, as we approached the rusting iron gates of the caged royal walls of pure concrete and brick.

I probably looked like a child who saw it's Christmas toy under the mistletoe, excited to play with it, but this scene was nothing I've ever imagined to witness ever in my life.

We finally arrived at the gothic like castle, and it was incredible. Everything about the castle grounds screamed fantasy and royalty, everyone looked chic and rich, and I even felt out of place at some point.

Of course, everyone was wearing the castle crest, that was a royal crown, which even was plastered on my mark, making me appear as the mate of someone with immense power.

And it was kind of spooky.

I heard the walking hooves of the horses create cacophony around us, as I saw some castle workers carry baskets of fruits, or mend the gardens, or sweep the floors, like it's a daily routine.

The beautiful pavements and walkways seemed incredible for the architecture, as I was finally beginning to process that I was in the territory of royalty. Actual Prince and princesses.

I didn't know how the King and Queen would react to have a human beneath their surfaces and among their walls, I don't even know whether I'll get out of here alive.

And is if I'm getting out of here at all, I don't think Zari will allow me to leave.

And the worst part is...as much as I hate to admit it...I kind of felt safe around him.

Not to mention he did literally protect me for years non-stop, when in doubt? Shout his name, and he will gift you a sight of his scary red orbs before leaving you in a pile of the unknown that will make you question your sanity.

Nice gift.

If Zari was the commander of the vampire army, or the whole army of Stormania, that would literally mean he was the utmost powerful being right after the Rey family.

I knew that the royal family denoted the last name Rey, but other than that, I didn't know much. I was mostly restricted from knowing information about them, they were quite secretive.

Now I know why they are secretive.

Hah, oh lookie me! I'm the king and also a blood drinker! Would you like to be my compadre?

As soon as I entered the gates of the castle and dispersed the horse carriages with Zari beside me, almost everyone looked at me suspiciously. Shortly after we got off the transport, all the other castle workers who witnessed the scene in the forest divided themselves and went in different directions while carrying the boxes.

Every single pair of eyeballs were scanning me up and down.

Please don't tell me I look like a dirty pig at this point.

That would be horribly embarrassing.

"I can tell you're nervous love." Zari muttered beside me in a soothing voice, while me whole body became taut because of the unending glares.

"Isn't it obvious?" I said sarcastically, as all of them suddenly gasped after looking at my neck, seeing the mark belonging to the mighty being next to me, as some of them covered their mouths, while some of them pinched each other.