1/ new kids

ALPHA MAX

CHAPTER 1:

The sun was glistening underneath her eyes, she blinked twice and opened her eyes slowly, she yawned and rubbed her eyes. She looked at her window fully opened, she sat up and stretched her limbs. She got up while scratching her hair looking like a bird nest. She opened the door of her room and walked to her bathroom where she took a quick shower and got ready for the day. 

"Jay, mum said to be ready or else she will not drop you at school." Her brother, Darby said with amusement. Jayla cursed and hurried to take her backpack and all of the things that she needed for school. She rushed downstairs and ignored her father who smirked while looking at his daughter. 

Jayla took an apple and her water bottle then put her shoes on, she kissed her father cheek and left the house in a hurry, she struggled to wear her backpack on her shoulder as she sprinted toward her mum's car, she slammed the door opened of her mum's car and sighed in relief.

"Finally, I was wondering where you were." Her mother said with a calm smile, her mom was wearing her working outfit.

"I was getting myself ready." Her mother, Karen stared at her suspiciously and then shrugged off, she supposed that it must be her teenage rebel period. Jayla put an earpod inside of her ear and listened to her music while contemplating the view on the window beside.

Raven was a small city where they lived, her father worked as an accountant while her mother worked as a nurse, they both don't had time for their children, Jayla and Darby. Darby was a senior in college, he was majoring in finance. The younger member of the family was going to be a sophomore in her high school. She had her mindset on being a detective, her passion for solving mysteries made her what she was today. 

They reached the school in fifteen minutes, but for her, it was taking hours, she couldn't wait but to finish her day and go back home to watch criminal minds, her favorite TV show.

"Have a good day, honey." Her mother said and pecked Jayla's cheek, her red lipstick was on her cheek, Jayla cringed with disgust and wiped her kiss.

"I'm not five anymore." She snapped and got out of the car, she tugged the strap of her backpack nervously as she walked into her school, her school was small and fake. There were only 500 students and all of them were fake bitches, the 'popular group' who like to bully nerds and the others were most likely to stay out of this and ignore. There were students who were already in groups, the artists, geeks etc.

Just like cliché movies.

She sighed and shook her head, she got inside of her school after showing her identity to the guard. She gulped anxiously and opened her locker who was still the same and bland, she picked her books for today class which was maths, her least favourite class. She closed the locker and let out a scream when she saw a person was waiting for her, she held her poor heart and breathed heavily.

"Hey Jayla, what do we today?" Her annoying friend was talking to her, she glared at him instead of saluting like normal people.

"What are you doing here Nolan?" She asked as she crossed her arms.

"I wanted to talk to you." He poked her right arm with a grin on his face, she shrugged him off and scowled at him.

"More like bugging me." She muttered.

"Excuse me what?" Nolan asked and she shook her head.

"Nothing, now if you excuse me I have places to go." She said while licking her chapped lips, one of her ticks when she was anxious.