18/ toronto

ALPHA MAX

CHAPTER 18:

Jayla POV:

"Don't worry, Jay, you won't see him." Darby said, rubbing her back softly.

"He's an Alpha, Darby." I rolled my eyes, packing my stuff.

It was the holidays, my parents wanted me to go to Toronto where my cousin is living there with his girlfriend.

"I'm so excited to meet Hunter!" I started.

"Me too, can I bring Sabrina with us?" Darby asked, ever since I told him about werewolves, he was shocked to hear the news about me being the Luna of Dark Knights, I told him the story and also the punishment that my friends had to suffer because of me.

"Yeah, I don't mind." I smiled and picked up the last thing.

"Hey, weird kids, ready?" My dad asked from my room, I nodded as I took my bag and dropped them downstairs.

"Bro, I'm so gonna miss you dad!" Darby squealed.

"Me too, I'm not going to miss your ugly face." My dad said in a sarcastic tone.

"You made that face." He rolled his eyes.

"And I regret it." I snorted when my father clashed him, damn bro.

"Why can't you be like normal dads?" My mother comes in as she hugged him behind.

"The thing is honey, I'm not normal, I'm a cool dad!" He said, winking at her.

The door rings, my mother opened it as I'm watching the arguments between my dad and my brother, arguing about puppies.

"Max!" My mother yelled happily, I widened my eyes and snapped my head to the door where I saw him.

I sensed Darby giving me a stare, I sighed deeply.

"Mrs Jacobs! Is Jayla here?" Max asked looking at the living room, he comes in and saw me staring at him.

"Here is she!" My mother pointed out, I rolled my eyes and sat on the couch.

"Hey, Jayla." He said and I huffed, ignoring him.

"Jayla, be polite." My mom warned me but I ignored him, I didn't want to see him.

"It's alright, by the way where are you guys going?" He asked my parents sitting across from me.

"Jayla and I are going to Toronto." Darby sneered.

"What? You are going to Toronto?" Max said, looking at me.

"Yes, we are going to Toronto." I replied to him, I didn't want to talk to him but I had since my mom is suspecting that something happened between us.

"But you can't."

"Why not? It's not like you have the choice." I scoffed.

"Because I need you." He said sternly, my mother at the back awed and my father huffed.

"Relax I'm going there for holidays, I'm not going away." I said, sighing deeply.