22/ chicken

ALPHA MAX

CHAPTER 22:

"This is heaven, bro!" Giovanni exclaimed looking at the buffet with a serious stare.

"You can eat, you know." Max said in boredom, he only desired to grab his mate attention but right now her attention is only with Mia, she was stealing his mate and he didn't like that, not at all.

"Of course! And Blaze picked an XL pack of pads for me!" Mia laughed with Jayla who was out of breath.

"That's enough for 'Blaze embarrassing time'." Blaze rolled his eyes.

"Honey, it's funny to laugh." She waved him off with her hand.

"You want to play it like that, you became a sneaky baby girl." He let out a chuckle.

"Babygirl?" Jayla cringed while saying it.

"Yeah, don't you think it suits her?" Blaze asked, gazing at his mate.

"Don't try too hard to act like Massimo from 365 days." She thoughts of mocking him but then regrets her thoughts when she remembered someone who could read her mind.

She snapped her head to Max who was laughing, people looked at him with curiosity. Jayla blushed out of embarrassment.

"I'm sorry, please continue." He grinned sending a wink to Jayla who frowned.

Today was the day where Jayla met the king and the queen, as soon as she stepped into this immense castle, Queen Mia escorted her out of her own will. It was amazing how confident she was, Jayla was literally her student.

She listened to those stories that she always has in her mind, she doesn't have shame to talk comfortably in front of people, she was acting like a 20 years old woman which made her relief.

Jayla was scared that a queen should act like an empress, a queen should act like royalty and with softness. Jayla doesn't know the softness, in fact, the word softness doesn't belong in her dictionary. She was different, she was used to talking back and not staying submissive, she always had this sense of justice and equality.

When she met the King in the courtroom, she was shocked to see how the man turned out to be a handsome man, looking like a 20 years old man.

Max growled beside her when she saw thinking those thoughts, she quickly shook her head off those thoughts and concentrated on her boyfriend. Her boyfriend who she's lucky to have and feel safe for some reason.

"Welcome to the palace, it's an honour to meet you, I can't believe we met! OMG, Lydia bitch! Come here we have the future queen!" Mia ranted as she called her friend, Jayla chuckled nervously as Blaze rolled his eyes.

Max groaned and gave a fake smile to Jennifer (Klayton mate) who was giving him a dirty smirk, she was staring at him with a mocking smile.

"What are you looking at?" He gritted in between his teeth.

"Respect son! I deserve respect!" She snarled at Max who shivered.

"Yeah, right." He rolled his eyes and groaned again when he felt the pain that Jennifer hit his forehead.

"Don't you 'yeah' me!" She scolded him.