17/ selfish

ALPHA MAX

CHAPTER 17:

It's been three days.

Three days that Jayla didn't talk to Max.

Three days that she didn't go to school because she was sick.

"Honey, can I come into your room?" Her mother asked outside of her room, Jayla called her in. She came in with a tray of porridge and warm water.

"You have to eat, baby and then you can take your pills after." She said sweetly, Jayla sat up and took the bowl from her mother to eat quietly the porridge.

"What happened when Keyton dropped you home?" She asked, Jayla cleared her throat and answered her.

"He dropped me home and then apparently I passed out on the couch." She whispered and coughed slowly.

"Darby found you on the couch and he brought you upstairs, I'm glad you didn't go to school for three days, you can't go in that state, don't worry I told the teacher." She said and caressed her daughter hair while she was eating her porridge.

"Also your friend came here." She said and Jayla tensed and was hoping that it was Max.

"Their name was Eleanor and Giovanni, you know the hot man brother." She winked at Jayla.

Jayla was disappointed that Max didn't come here, for three days it was enough for him to meet her but no, no text, no calls. She was seriously wondering if he left her to be with Hailee. He wasn't the type of guy to cheat but then no one.

"Alright, can you call them in?" She said and her mother nodded.

"Sure thing." Her mother leaves the room and her friends stepped into her room.

"Hi, bitch." Giovanni comes in with a bag full of chocolate and ice cream.

"You do know I'm sick, I caught a cold and you brought ice cream." Jayla deadpanned.

"This dumb shit doesn't know anything, thank god I'm here sweetie I brought you Max's sweaters." Eleanor said holding the bag, as soon as she pronounced his name, Jayla held her hands for her to give, Eleanor chuckled and gave her the bag.

She quickly took out her favourite sweater and put it on, inhaling his masculine scents. It felt amazing.

"Max wanted to come here immediately but Alpha Blaze called him in for an emergency he should be back tomorrow." Giovanni said and sat next to her.

"Do he knows Dr Vasilis?" She asked in confusion.

"Which one?" He said, giving a mischievous glint to her. She rolled her eyes and shoved him.

"You are supposed to be sick, why do you have to be strong?" He whined.

"Anyway he knows them, both actually. The old Luna is best friend with Luna Mia, Beta Lydia and Gamma Jennifer." Eleanor replied to her question.

"That's so cool." She gasped.

"Yeah, he's kinda popular in our world." She said scratching her neck, Jayla widened her eyes as she saw the marks when she scratched her neck. Giovanni wasn't that happy or he was yelling like usual. Jayla breathed heavily as she turned Giovanni around, pulling his shirt up forcefully.