Movie Screen~79

-
And give my trust
-

Chenle promptly choked on his saliva, utterly taken off guard by her bold words

Eyebrows raised, the boy peered down at Rin, unsure of what to say, for, at the moment, he had not expected to be hit on.

Previously, the girl had stepped rather close to Chenle, chin upturned as she stared up at the much taller male, a thin yet impish smile gracing her cheeks.

Her large eyes were welled with mirth, yet they feinted naivety- acting as if she hadn't asked him to kiss her, but rather, asked him to help her, despite the obvious falsity of it.

He scoffed at her innocent expression, knowing damn well that she just wanted to kiss him.

Little craters in her cheeks surfaced in the form of dimples, and she rocked from her heels to the balls of her feet, tugging on the hem of Chenle's borrowed shirt she wore, which she had refused to take off.

"Because your finger hurts?" He uttered, almost surprised.

The girl hastily nodded, and Rin's smile grew as her eyes wandered over Chenle's face, noticing the subtle dilation of his eyes, the pursing of his lips, and how far he had to crane his neck just to look at her- she was incredibly short compared to him.

Where Chenle's heart was within his chest was eye-level to Rin, deeming her greatly smaller than the boy- not that either minded much; it was almost cute.

Chenle's eyes narrowed at the girl, but raised a finger to Rin's chin nonetheless, tilting it upwards as he blatantly ignored the vicious churning of his stomach.

The boy's black, silky hair flopped carelessly as his head fell to the side, and he intricately scanned Rin's porcelain face, looming over the petite girl.

Her glossy irises were a masterpiece of molten hues, swirling with accentuated colors of brown, gold and nearly undetectable speckles of green, all flowing together perfectly. They crinkled as her sly smile illustrated her complexion, despite the dark bags that hung beneath her eyes.

Like melted crumbs of a Hershey's chocolate bar, Rin's numerous freckles juxtaposed her pale cheeks, tinted with a suspicious pinkish hue.

Chenle's breath almost ceased to exist as his gaze dropped to her plump, cherry-stained lips, observing how they curved perfectly into a subtle grin.

Eyes lingering on her lips, the boy began to think that her offer wasn't so bad, and, with difficulty, he forced his stare up to her eyes once more.

"Really?" He prompted, tone illustrating tantalization.

"Mmhmmm," She hummed, despite her unharmed figure.

"Intriguing," He muttered, drifting just a bit closer. "We don't want you hurt, do we?"

"Of course not," Rin agreed, smile growing.

Using his index finger, he lifted her chin up, contemplating for just a moment as his eyes darted around her face, absorbing every sublime feature that painted her expression as his stomach was ravaged by a swirling tornado of nerves.

Chenle's eyes landed on a stray strand of hair that hung over Rin's eye, and he lifted one of his hands to it, fingers gently pushing it behind her ear before his hand rested upon her cheek.

He held her like she was about to break; his fingers barely touched her skin, carefully cupping her cheek like she was a glass doll, susceptible to shattering.

The sounds of the world suddenly faded away- the airplane making a droning outside, the quiet ticking of a clock upon Rin's wall, the soft rustling of Rin's baggy shirt as they drew closer- all fading into silence as the gap between the two rapidly lessened.

As the earth fell silent, Chenle's ears were overwhelmed by the rhythmic hammering of his heart as it fell off beat, deciding to skip a few vital pulses.

Finally, their lips met.

Rin overflowed with butterflies as the corners of her lips quirked upwards, vision blurring into nothingness whilst her heart threatened to explode, veins pulsing.

Her lips tasted like the cherries she had eaten earlier that evening, almost as sweet as the girl herself, but Rin always seemed just a bit lovelier than anything else Chenle had ever experienced.

She smelled of candy- jolly ranchers, chocolate, gum balls, with a hint of lavender- all engulfing his senses, as if he had gone to a carnival.

Chenle's hand grazed across the girl's cheek before slowly sinking into her hair, pulling her closer as his lips brushed across her's.

His kisses were like endless black holes, swallowing Rin completely as she helplessly kissed him back, and her fingers trailed up Chenle's arms until she slung her arms around his neck.

Rin's body seemed to lose all weight, floating through the sensations Chenle has evoked within her, and she had no desire to ever let go- never.

Mind scrambling into utter blankness, Rin could feel Chenle's heartbeat against her chest, and it seemed to lure her into some type of a trace, deeming her incapable of thinking about anything other than her soulmate.

After what he wished was eternity, Chenle pulled away, even if only for a moment, as their faces loomed close together- breaths erratic.

"Is your finger any better?" He mumbled in a husky, deep voice.

Chest rising and falling like the waves of a choppy sea, Rin panted a small laugh before meeting the boy's eyes, arms fastening around his neck.

"Not yet," She uttered, before promptly pulling him back into the kiss.