Chapter 44: Close Comfort For The Dead.

This has been the journey so far...

The corpse enjoys the peaceful silence at last

The corpse enjoys the peaceful silence at last... Seeing his small family around him, putting a small smile on his face... The Goddess sees him all alone... And getting closer was all she wanted.

-Crow Father.

"There are three types of people in every realm..."

...

...

...

"Those who are above..."

...

...

...

"Those who are below..."

...

...

...

"And those... Who fallen..."

...

...

...

???: Like daddy dearest falling asleep on her favorite daughter's lap~

(y/n): Sasha... Don't bring Favoritism into this family... Please...

The sun was on the horizon, lending a small amount of light left before the moon takes its place... Within your lovely home, you rest on the couch with your head resting on Sasha's lap as she read a book in her hand. She strokes your hair as your eyes were closed shut.

(y/n): You and your mother always asks who's my favorite... When in reality I love you all equally.

Sasha: Yea, I know. But I'd be much happier if I was your favorite daughter out of the three.

You only groan as you continue to rest, just across from you, Mari was sitting on the other couch, looking bored as she attempts to figure out what to do... She continues to sit on the couch while peaceful silence fills the air... Soon you hear a gentle voice from the kitchen, immediately knowing who it is.

Siesta: Dinner is ready! Senko and I worked hard cooking so you better enjoy them!

You couldn't help but smile as you slowly rise up, lifting your head off of Sasha's lap as she pouts.

Sasha: Aww man, it was getting better too...

Sasha gets up from the couch and she puts down her book... You remained on the couch and scratch your head.

(y/n): Go on ahead... I'm still going to sleep...

And you let yourself flop back down, turning around and close your eyes and simply fell back to sleep... As you were then left alone in the living room... A small head poked out from around the corner and sees you sleeping peacefully... Soon a pair of fox ears perks up in excitement. Waiting to pamper their prey... After dinner.

[Timeskip with (y/n) carrying a few bag of groceries as he was accompanied by Senko.]

(y/n): Nnnngh...

???: Sssshhh...

You felt a soft, small hand going through your hair as you groan one last time... You slowly begin to open your eyes before a large fluffy tail was placed over your eyes.

(y/n): Senko...

Senko: No need to wake up. You can go back to sleep.

(y/n): Hmm...

You simply sat there in silence... Keeping your eyes closed as Senko removes her tail as she looks down at you, sleeping on her lap as she continues to run her hands through your hair... A smile is seen on her face before you decided to turn your whole body around to wrap your arms around her small waist, surprising her as you groan.

Senko: If you wanted some cuddles, you could have said so.

(y/n): Too damn tired to ask, Little Fox...

Senko: Then you can sleep in peace now. I'll take good care of you.

You gave Senko a small smile as you got comfortable in her lap, you slightly tighten your arms around her as you let yourself fall asleep after speaking.

(y/n): I know... And I look forward to our future together, Senko.

Senko: I look forward for it to!

She smiles brightly as a small blush appears on her cheeks... You smiled once more before letting yourself fall into a lovely slumber in her arms... Soon... Everything fades to black...

And the title "Helpful Fox Senko" appeared as the title is untouched and silence fills the air.