Epilogue 1.2

Alternate Ending
Four years later :

Summers in Bundelkhand were the worst, Meera had no clue how she had spent her entire childhood here.

Meera sat in her room, looking out of the window which opened with the view of her colourful kingdom.

"Pwease mami jaan, no." The sound of little feet pattering against the wooden floor announced the presence of her son.

"Abeer, just one glass and I'll let you play with Mrunal didi I promise."

"No mami jaan pwease, I no like it." He said rushing towards his mother and hiding his face in her legs.
"Maa, Abeer no like it." He said looking up at her and scrunching his nose.

His eyes reminding her of his father, the same shade of green.
Meera bent down and bunched him in her arms.

"Who is troubling my son." Meera asked smiling at him blowing raspberries on his cheek, making him giggle.

"Choti Mami is troubling your son, Meera didi." She heard Aaryan's voice. "She is more concerned about your son than she is about her husband." He complained.

"When will you grow up Aaryan."

"Why ? Did you marry a child ?" Aaryan said with a playful smirk.

"You are impossible."

"Am I Hania ?" He said playfully nudging her with his shoulder, to which she looked at him and glared.

"You are worse than Abeer." She said rolling her eyes.

"Meera baaji, I tried, only you can make him drink this." She said placing the glass of buttermilk on the table next to her and sat on Meera's bed.

"Meera di, don't you think I deserve an Abeer of my own now ?" Aaryan said with a serious expression.

"Stop. Staying. Stuff. In. Front. Of. Kids." Hania said throwing cushions from Meera's bed on her husband.

"What even he was born from the same pro-."

"Aaryan enough." Meera said sternly. "Go, go back to your work." She said turning to her son and pulling him on her lap.

As Aaryan left, Hania turned to Meera, who was making her son drink the beverage.

"Meera baaji, Jamila aapa wrote she is going to visit sometime around next week."

"So soon ? She just left three months back." Meera said looking at Hania.

"You know how she is, she says she misses our prince." Hania said rolling her eyes.

"Of course." Meera laughed.

"Did you have your breakfast?" Hania asked.

"Yes I did and I also went for a stroll with Mrunal and Abeer." Meera informed her.

"Meera baaji, can I asks you something." Hania asked looking at Meera.

"Of course."

"Its been a year since my wedding with Aaryan, and everyone did welcome me warmly, but Rani Maa she -."

"Don't mind her Hania, it took me 24 years to get her acceptance and love, she is a little stuck up." Meera giggled. "But you'll worm your way into her heart i know."

"I hope so too, I jus-."

"Rajkumari Meera, Rajkumari Hania, you both have been asked to join everyone for breakfast." The maid said entering the chamber.

Meera looked at Hania and smile.
A year after Meera had returned home, her brother had confessed about his feelings for Hania.

The process of wooing Hania had although taken a long time.
Hania often wondered how had her life come to this from being an orphan maid in the Mughal empire to being a princess with a loving and happy family.