Chapter 3

Chang Ying cracked open her heavy eyelids, she could taste sourness of cheap alcohol in her mouth. A bit of drowsiness overcame her but she was still able to look at her surroundings.

She was back in that impoverished hut, or it was better to say, she was back more than a decade in her past.

It was real, it was all real! She had been reborn.

Her eyes sharpened immediately as the back of a large man came into view. She recognised the man as soon as she saw him, it was the rascal of the village that claimed they were lovers after he was caught in the act of trying to sleep with her!

The dirty rat.

The farm hut was a simple square structure. The only things inside were the old mat she was lying on, a small heap of dirty, old clothes in a corner and a few nick-nacks. Next to the clothes were some pieces of firewood, an old iron wok and a few bowls for eating. on the hut walls, there were a few large hooks attached. The hooks were usually used for hanging some farm tools, but currently, much to Chang Ying's dismay, there were no tools which she could use to protect herself hanging on the wall. There was only an oldvclimbing rope on one of the hooks.

She turned her eyes away and looked for the second most important thing, her clothes.

Chang Ying quickly noticed what looked like a light pink bra peeking out from under thethe heap of old clothes. She immediately suspected the clothes she wore that day was among that heap too.

Her current situation was too pitiful. The filthy bastard had already stripped her naked. In this state, she could not even run out for help, that would ruin her reputation just as much. And screaming was almost useless, this was a farm hut in the middle of the rascal's family farm.

As for being embarrased that a man stripped her naked, Chang Ying quickly pushed her shyness away. She was not a young, spring chicken. In a few years, girls in bikinis won't be a new thing. Just consider this rascal as a pervert in the changing room.

The scumbag man in the hut was called Shu. That was all she remembered, she never cared to learn his surname.

Chang Ying had not made a noise since she woke up. So Shu carried on drinking some local alcohol with his back to her, without knowing his victim had already woken up. Chang Ying knew she was not safe yet. First she had no clothes on. Second, Shu sat next to the door. The hut was tiny and mostly for farm tool storage so there was no other window or opening to escape.

To add to her dismay, Chang Ying didn't know what Shu had put in the wine he force-fed her but her body felt very weak. She twisted her lips in dissatisfaction. That jellyfish creature was quite infuriating.

Once she agreed, it vaguely admitted it could only return her back to the pivotal day in her life, as reborn people could only to return to pivotal points in their past to start reliving. Unfortunately, that insidious creature did not give her leeway at all and made her to be reborn in this same helpless situation. Why couldn't it send her back just a short hour earlier? It would still be the same freaking day!

Chang Ying looked around quickly for a something heavy or sharp to use against the man.

Her eyes fell on the heavy iron wok and the firewood. Both of them were a few steps away from her in the opposite direction of the man. Chang Ying estimated that she had to move quickly. The rascal, Shu, was a huge man and he could suppress her easily if she didn't use a surprise attack.

Timely, Shu grunted and smacked his lips as he drained the last drop of wine from his cup.

Chang Ying clenched her fists and was about to dive and grab something when she heard hurried footsteps outside the hut, followed by a woman's voice.