Sweet Tooth~84

-
When you
-

The frigid air tangled itself in Rin's lengthy hair as a chill glided across her skin, raising a few goosebumps on her arms

Cozied into a baggy, yet thin, t-shirt, Rin waltzed lazily down the secluded streets aimlessly, fingers sticky from her sugary treat.

Her eyes darted around as a smile decorated her strawberry-stained lips, despite the comfortable silence that droned on between the two that would put most people on edge.

She swung her arms by her sides as she walked upon the cracked sidewalk, devoid of any idea of where she was headed, but didn't mind- wandering was good enough for her.

The grey sky soared above the two, stretching as far as the human eye could see like an eternal blanket of ash, drifting without direction.

The flavor of strawberry ice cream stuck to the back of her teeth, and, strangely enough, Chenle could taste it as well, due to their unique bond.

Formerly, they had strayed away from the large crowds of people and had strolled into a decently quiet area, surrounded by half-empty cafés and small shops of all kinds.

The pitter-patter of her footsteps was accompanied by Chenle's as he sauntered beside her, eyes flickering around habitually- unnecessarily aware of every passerby.

Contrasting Rin's bubbly nature, Chenle couldn't help the ominous worry that crept into his spine; the night before, his attacker had relentlessly bragged to Chenle that ATEEZ was going to take the couple's heads to avenge their fallen members.

Maybe killing San and blowing up their club wasn't the best idea after all.

Chenle found it strange the the boy had continuously spoken throughout the length of the fight- all relating to the pair's slaughter, so, yes, he was a bit on edge.

Even worse, before they had left, Rin had convinced him to leave his gun behind because they were 'just eating ice cream, not murdering a drug dealer' as Rin had put it.

His glaring gaze scoured their surroundings, yet they were nearly alone; they're only company seemed to be each other, the wind, and an occasional pedestrian waltzing through the long roads of Seoul.

Despite his unease, Chenle's eyes continuously strayed towards Rin, causing chest to swell with an emotion he realized he couldn't chase away, and found himself embracing it- whatever it was.

Only explainable as a seraphic tingling, the sensation of such an emotion spread throughout his entire body, stemming from his heart before slowly engulfing him into an eternal sense of bliss.

Rin's eyes found her soulmate's, and she opened her mouth to speak- hesitating just a moment.

"What was with- what's his name- Woorin?" Rin articulated, kicking her feet out in front of her. "And why would he tell us Jeongin was dead?"