Cigarette Daydreams~85

-
Break
-

The sound of the stranger's voice maliciously rang in the air without warning, dripping with vicious intents

Like a blade, their words cut through the air, slicing the metaphorical strings that held back Rin's nervousness, and a wave of unease crashed onto her, making her freeze.

A knife of anxiety sunk into her stomach, twisting and sending tremors of a foreboding worry along her nerves.

Even the soft breeze seemed ominously sharp, lacerating her skin with razors of cold air, forcing her hair back- flowing behind her like a cape.

Rin's shoulders rose to her ears as her smile crumbled away, leaving behind a scared expression upon her face.

As for Chenle, his fingers instinctively crept towards his waistband, only to find the familiar, knurled grip of his gun missing- laid uselessly upon Rin's bedside table.

Chenle let out a heavy sigh, dark eyes narrowed at the empty space in front of him as his hand curled into a fist, jaw clenching.

He knew this was going to happen, but he had let Rin talk him into leaving his weapon behind and stray from safer areas, yet he was beginning to regret quite a few of those decisions.

"We don't have all day," The voice grumbled, and a soft, mechanic clicking rang through the air.

Rin's breath hid within her throat, too terrified to expel from the girl into a world of uncertainty, and she held it there until her lungs burned, unsure of what to do.

Teeth grinding together, Chenle brought a single foot back, turning him halfway towards the speaker.

The first thing he saw was a gun.

The dark gleam of a pistol immediately attracted his gaze, pressed into the opposer's palm as the trigger bit into her index finger- safety off.

The semiautomatic, loaded with soulless clunks of metal, had one purpose and one purpose only; to end the lives of the two before it.

Following its aim, Chenle's stomach lurched viciously within him; the weapon was pointed at the base of Rin's skull, making Chenle's emotionless demeanor falter for just a moment- a mere moment.

His lip twitched into a hateful scowl as his malicious glare dung into the stranger's skin, making their attacker feel rather awkward.

A woman with long, luscious hair stared back at him, eyes sullen as she carelessly held the firearm within her grasps, bags dangling beneath her eyes. Her black hair juxtaposed her pale, paper-colored face as she glared wordlessly at the male, looking like she hadn't slept in centuries.